We've teamed up with Sports Tours International, the longest established UK Tour Operator and Official International Travel Partner of the ING New York City Marathon, to offer you the chance to run New York in 2010. We are offering flights and entry only, to allow you maximum flexibility with your accommodation requirements.
Plus as a Runners World reader, you will also receive a copy of the Runner's World Complete Guide to Running (RRP £9.99).
The race's course winds through the five New York boroughs from the imposing Verazzano-Narrows Bridge, with sensational views of the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building before facing incredible crowds as you enter Manhattan on First Avenue.
To guarantee your entry, just visit the Sports Tours website or download the entry form before September 8.
The package includes:
- Return flights from London Heathrow (connections to London from other UK airports are available on request).
- A free copy of the Runner's World Complete Guide to Running (RRP £9.99) posted to you upon booking.
- Option to purchase Guaranteed Race entry in the 2010 ING New York City Marathon. This includes:
Entry to the ING New York City Marathon 2010 including hydration and fueling stations, medical support, entertainment, baggage handling, security, the most enthusiastic spectators anywhere, and more:
ING New York City Marathon Health and Fitness Expo
Fireworks Presented by Poland Spring
Post-Race Party Presented by Clear Channel Radio
Goody bag, including Official Program, race poster, snacks, and special offers
Official technical shirt provided by ASICS
Transportation to the start from Midtown Manhattan around 42nd Street.
Start festival: breakfast, entertainment, religious services
Finisher materials: medal, food and beverages, and Continental Airlines/Foot Locker Heat Sheet
Official finisher certificate
Official Results Magazine published by New York Runner
£859 inclusive of the Guaranteed Race Entry Fee of £299 per person (any flight combination including the BA175 on November 5th costs an additional £65).
Full payment required at time of booking and flights are subject to availability.
Non runners welcome, just deduct the entry fee.
Important things to note:
- Race entry is only available to runners resident in the UK, regardless of nationality.
- UK residents are allowed to enter the USA with a ten year passport, with no less than 6 months left before the expiry of the passport, if staying in the US for less than 90 days. However, the rules are constantly updated, so we advise that you check your own individual situation as the visa waiver programme is subject to strict criteria, and for example, if you have a criminal record or have previously been refused entry to the US, you may not qualify for entry under the Visa Waiver programme. Please check your status with the rules.
- Passengers are no longer permitted to enter the USA with a non-machine readable passport unless their old style passport has a valid Visa stamp. The newer red passports are machine readable. CHILDREN MUST HAVE THEIR OWN PASSPORT - If in doubt please contact the passport advice line on 0300 222 0000, or Passport Office Website or if applicable the American Embassy on 0207 499 9000 or the US Embassy Website
- There are now very strict guidelines on entry to the USA and a new system put in place whereby you must have registered with the Department of Homeland Security at least three days before you travel. More information can be found on the Department's Official Website