In short: Good hard workout for a Sunday morning! In full: Yes, it was challenging and a very warm day (which was forecast!)but that is not down to the organisers who did a fab job. I received useful updates via email; parking was great; a goody bag with water and snacks (bonus) and a great medal. I don't normally use the water stations (but use them occasionally as a top up), but I'd rather be running over paper cups than half drunk plastic bottles! I think I'll be back next year. Thank you to all the supporters and organisers. Date of review: September 26, 2011
In short: Great atmosphere friendly and organised In full: Great welcome in Leigh with local oranges and water handouts from locals great to have lions or Helpers en route clapping with encouragement just a shame I didn't get a photo with Kelly! Date of review: September 26, 2011
In short: Best Race for a long while In full: This race had everything for me. Organisation was superb from the car parking, band at the beginning, collecting my number, the stalls out back, the route which was challenging but fun, the good work of the marshalls and support of the local community and runners friends & family, the medal, the goody bag and Dame Kelly thrown in for good measure. I was feeling fit and ready for this race and nothing on the day disturbed this which is detriment to the organisers, especially as it was the inaugral half. I even managed to get a tan on the way round :-) Being a little harsh there could be a few minor improvements as already mentioned, some were harsh, they can't run the race for you but a fantastic race and day out. Well done to everyone involved. I am looking forward to next year already. this is destined to become a bigger event and I am pround to have competed in the first one. Date of review: September 26, 2011
In short: lovely bucolic route but never flat, well organised and friendly In full: a beautiful route around quiet country lanes with great support in Leigh at the 4 and 9 mile marks, very well organised and went smoothly, good and plentiful marshals, traffic free and several water stations. Away from Leigh, suppport was light but friendly.
Suggestions for next year - - leaflet residents of Charcott and Weald to encourage thier support where the route goes closish to their villages
- highlight the half-way mark, which could be a great support point for people from Weald
- several of the mile markers were missing or out of view to runners
- the hardest part was going up Pauls Hill on the return (leaving Leigh), could've done with some water after that but the water station close to Ensfield Bridge had already finished (and I was only 42nd) - I couldn't find the event T-shirts onsale
- the Plough in Leigh is a lovely big pub with massive car-park & garden - could perhaps arrange discount for runners?
- shuttle train service between Tonbridge and Leigh (only takes 4mins) to allow friends and family to move around eg. watch the start, get train to Leigh and watch 4 and 9 mile stages, get train back to watch cheer on the finishers Date of review: September 26, 2011