0 to Marathon in 25 Weeks!! :-)

My journey... I hope some of you are along for the ride

41 to 48 of 48 messages
25/01/2013 at 23:27
I know many others including myself have said it - but you are an inspiration booktrunk!!

That's an amazing amount of distance you covered in less than a year! And I don't think anyone would call you lazy! Lol I could do with losing a couple of stone but I haven't got my head around dieting as well - I think I'd over load my poor will power! You should be soooo proud of yourself

I think I'm just going to have to trust that it will all come together at the right time! Lol and then hopefully I'll be able to look back at how far I've come I'm going to have a look at a mapping website to see how much distance I'm covering, just out of interest. When I start the marathon training it starts with a 3 mile run, and they say you should be able to run 30 minutes continuously - but I'm not going to worry if I need to walk for a breather every now and then

Thanks for the support
29/01/2013 at 23:29
Okay me and technology are not mixing, I have no idea why yesterday's post didn't come up but here it is now - hopefully! Lol

I ended up skipping Sunday's run - between the whole family coming over for an early roast dinner and completing hubby's self assessment tax return - it just wasn't happening! :-/

Soooooo went out Monday, I ran 4/1 run/walk x 6, it felt quite good - I did feel a bit heavy footed towards the end and I wasn't as focused on enjoying being out and running as I usually try to be... I ran along the canal path and there were some very dodgy characters which put me off a bit

I managed all the sections and didn't feel out of breath or praying for the walking section, so I'm happy with that - and out of 30 minutes I was running for 24 of them!! My main focus at the moment is to be able to run 30 minutes continuously and I'm nearly there!!
29/01/2013 at 23:41
Today's run was 2/1 run/walk x 8, I went up hill to make sure it was still challenging even though the running sections were shorter. I have to say I did feel the up hill sections, and felt like I did have to work at it! No real aches of pains though which is good

It's the last day of the program I've been following, so I need to have a look at how I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks before I start the 16 week marathon training program - I think I'll just concentrate on building up to a strong 30 minute run. Then the real work begins!
30/01/2013 at 22:40
It was actually the last day of my 3 week running program today - although it has in fact taken nearly 4 weeks with the bad weather and having a cold.

Today's run was 5/1 x 5, which is the most I've run - out of 30 minuets I was running 25. I didn't have anything to eat or drink before I went out (and this was my third day in a row running) and I did kinda feel like I was running on empty.

My calves and ankles were achey right away, and legs felt a bit heavy, the first couple of reps were okay, the third and fourth were a bit shakey. I felt way too hot from wearing too many layers, it was a lovely sunny morning, not the ice and snow! lol. By the fith rep I was getting close to home, so just kept going. But I was happy when the timer buzzed!

It did feel harder today, but I also felt like a runner! I'm taking a day off tomorrow and then I'll work out the next stage
07/02/2013 at 23:16
Hellooooo!!

I've not fallen off the face of the planet or been abducted by aliens, just crazy busy - but not too busy to run!!

I went out Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday this week for approximately 30 mins each time: I was hoping to build a strong 30 mins of jogging before I start the marathon training which is recommended in my training guide. The the first run of official marathon training is 3 miles and I've been feeling a little bit nervous about it - so I used Map My Run website to work out how far I've been running in my 30 min jogs, I was thinking that I probably ran 1.5 miles. I had NO! Idea that I've been running nearly 3 miles!! :-0

I have to say I'm really shocked but very pleased - hopefully I have got the right level of fitness and strength to keep going, I feel like I have and that's a huge boost to my confidence

I out again Saturday, I wonder if it'll feel harder cus I'll know how far I'm running? Lol
07/02/2013 at 23:22
Hehe it might do.

I find it's great knowing you've done x distance, as when I'm running if I feel tired and have say 5 or 7 km to go I can say I've done it before so there is no excuse not to. When is the marathon you are doing? Is it London or later? Seems a bit close to bring a few days away from starting the program?
08/02/2013 at 07:56
D'oh of course it's June

Which marathon is it if you don't mind me being nosey?
25/02/2013 at 22:38
I was wondering how it's going? Still managing? Or in need of some moral support?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.