12 Minute Mile.....

81 to 83 of 83 messages
29/08/2012 at 17:22

I also used to run 12-minute miles. It was my automatic pace unless I was actively trying to go faster (which never lasts long!). My automatic pace is now closer to 11 min/mile so you'll probably get faster - I did without even noticing!

01/09/2012 at 10:49
Im quite slow too but the bulk of running should be at a fairly easy pace anyway!! Not so slow that its too easy but you are still breathing deeply and your heart is up. When i feel disheartened about my speed i use my heart rate monitor so i can actually see for sure that im working my heart and lungs. I save the fast running for structured speed sessions which i only do once a week during a race build up. X
02/09/2012 at 08:27

Hello everybody, mind if I join you?

All this talk about running clubs is putting the fear of god into me, I have agreed to go to a taster session at sutton runners on Tuesday night.... I have to say I emailed the secretary and explained I am a beginner and would need walk breaks in the long runs and he was very supportive and said they have loads of runners my standard..... Gulp!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 83 of 83 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.