4 week Taper?

Lost a week due to shin splints

1 message
08/05/2012 at 19:37

Hey all, 

I am training for my first marathon. I managed to completed 13 weeks injury free and got up to an 18 mile long run ... then shin splints forced me to take a week's rest last week. I then took part in the Belfast Marathon Team Relay yesterday and managed 20 miles... 

My Last long run was actually supposed to be 20 miles this Saturday as the marathon I have been training for is on June 3rd. So It looks like I will have to take an extra weeks Taper as I don't think another long run this weekend would be a good idea.

Will having an extra weeks Taper have a negative effect on Marathon day(June 3rd) ? And also will the fact that I had to take a weeks rest have any effect on my performance come June 3rd?

Thanks 

Eamon

Edited: 08/05/2012 at 19:40

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.