5 mile race and training plan help

3 messages
24/02/2012 at 14:47
I was looking for abit of advise on a flexible training plan, im not new to running but ive had a break due to me having my little girl. 
I thought booking a 10k at the end of June would give me enough motivation but it seems ages away. Ive been looking and there is a 5mile race in 6 weeks just down the road from me. Classing myself as a beginner is this possible? and does anyone have a flexible training plan for 2-3runs per week?
24/02/2012 at 15:27

Hi, if you look on the training plans page

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/find-a-training-plan/4521.html

theres not actually one for 5miles but I would think that the 10k plans would be ok - they range from 2 week plans and 3 times a week upward

hope that helps

24/02/2012 at 18:14
Thanks Max's mum, i had a quick look but they are for either 2,4 or 8 weeks, i only have 6 weeks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.