5K - for anyone else who's been told it's easy

41 to 46 of 46 messages
13/07/2012 at 08:17

Morning Makr, that sounds great. I run very early in the morning to avoid heat, traffic etc. It is so peaceful. The other morning I found a pushbike. Reported it to the police and they say if it isn't claimed in 28 days I get to keep it!

13/07/2012 at 08:17

Ohh sorry, Mark!

13/07/2012 at 08:34

Morning!! so tonight is my first trip to the gym, I'll complete 5k weather I have to run, walk, or crawl ha ha, so Di if you get to keep the bike your two thirds of your way to a triathlon!! 

My sister is an open water swimmer and coach and she's going to be giving me some pointers on the swimming side of things, that's something else I'm looking forward to once I improve my fitness level.  Mt father in law is a distance runner so no doubt I'll be  spending more time with him when I start running out door's.... 

13/07/2012 at 08:52

Hi Mark, good luck in the gym tonight. It's a long time since I've ridden a bike and my swimming was always a bit like a dead fish! Have a good day. Let us know how it goes tonight.

13/07/2012 at 21:04

So, just got back from the gym, i'm knackered!!  its amazing how unfit I feel, I did my 5k in 38mins 21seconds so now I have something to beat.  Time for a shower then bed.

13/07/2012 at 21:23

Well done, Mark. That sounds really good for the first time in however long. Make sure you give your body time to recover tomorrow. Have a good weekend. My next run is on Sunday. My niece is training for a half marathon, so I go along and do 10k while she is running silly distances!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.