A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

14,801 to 14,820 of 16,079 messages
28/09/2012 at 12:34

Chrissie which half are you doing? I am doing Brum half on the 21st, also on a 13 miler this weekend as part of my schedule.

Lisa, about the club, it would have been nice if someone had taken you under their wing. and I feel sorry for the 'struggling' runner who was being left behind too. the one near me has a policy of leaving no-one behind (so they say on the website anyway...I've not got around to trying it yet!) You are brave to persist, you maybe just need to connect with one of the groups to hit a friendly spot. (this website can be cliquey, but this thread isnt)

Sam, that Stourbridge stagger is not too far from me. If I decide I want to continue running after the half it might just be the right date and distance to keep me ticking over. I need the motivation of events and races otherwise I have found i just will not go running at all

some good training going on, catch up soon

28/09/2012 at 13:40

Hey WTK - I'm doing Brum..... did it last year which is where I picked up injury to my knee.... Last few miles are quite hilly.....

Andi - A good smoothie I found was milk, banana and squidge of honey - it's supposed to be an energy one..... they were very nice....

28/09/2012 at 13:50
Hi walktallkate I'm from Stourbridge originally never knew the stagger existed lol. If you do it let me know I haven't signed up for it yet

I am the same I need dates in diary to keep me going or I just won't bother going out to run sometimes!!
28/09/2012 at 16:41

Thanks for the recipie Chrissie, have some runny honey in the cupboard so will try it over the weekend

Looks like I'll have to leave Mull for any races before August 2013 so will mainly be training so will have to try harder to keep up the motivation.

28/09/2012 at 16:52
Well did a feeble attempt 2.6miles of which my left hamstring was pulling a bit so was pretty slow and I felt so cumbersome tonight and labouring with my breathing just not got my mojo at all!! I blame new sports bra he he

So much so that I cut short my run on way home on high street bargain booze picked up a bottle of red and walked rest of way lol nice healthy sight me looking the part all the gear and clutching a bottle of red wine :/ hope feel more up for it on long run Sunday!!!!! Right shower pjs curry and red wine now
28/09/2012 at 18:20
now that i have done me first race i do fancy a hm. theres just not a lot around dec/jan/feb time is there? i think its too soon for a marathon...maybe...

back into running from tomorrow - got to test me nb 1080v2's as would be xoming feom nb 940s
HM4
28/09/2012 at 18:25

Well done guys.

---------

The weather's been a bit pants down here & I've not been able to do much running due to an old broken bone playing up (it doesn't like the combination of wet and cold).  Hopefully it should be dry at the weekend so fingers crossed I should be able to get out.

28/09/2012 at 20:19

Sam after a race I always have a quietish week running wise, to allow my body to heal and to ensure I don't overtrain, hence only running once so far, so don't beat yourself up. Anyhow red wine has very good properties to it so I am told  

Chappers I signed up for the Brighton HM in Feb don't know whereabouts you are, but would it suit you?

HM4 I wonder if you are you near me I am on the border of Surrey and West Sussex, near a airport? If so any suggestions to a running club localish you can pm if you prefer.

Happy running this weekend...

Edited: 28/09/2012 at 20:20
28/09/2012 at 20:28
Thanks Lisa your right I've tried to keep up same amount runs and suffering this week now but the wine has help relax me now so all good positive vibes I'm going back to Swansea bay for my lsr hopefully sea air always keeps me going lol.

Hope everyone has a good weekend running
HM4
28/09/2012 at 20:32

Lisa,

Let me do some research & I'll pm you.  Is the airport in question Gatwick by any chance?

28/09/2012 at 20:50

HM4 yes!

HM4
28/09/2012 at 20:53

Lisa,

Okay.  I'll see what I can find for you tomorrow.

29/09/2012 at 10:51
Morning all

Beautiful morning here but not out running as hubby on a long bike ride this morning boooo! This afternoon helping out at pre rugby activities at stadium so not going to get chance to go out in this fantastic sun

Feeling positive and planning a long run for tommorow morning now

Hope some of you have taken advantage of this weather.
29/09/2012 at 10:56

Just come back from my second 5k park run. Bit disappointed as my time was the same. 24.17 mins. Stopped twice as I felt sick... The chap who runs this is a personal trainer and he does a full 6 hour training session which shows you how to run correctly, does video gate analysis, runs etc... for £99. I am seriously thinking about doing this as he still thinks I am not running correctly.

Going for a long run tomorrow to blow out some cobwebs.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

29/09/2012 at 11:27

Yikes, too many posts to catch up on! Well done to all who've been running

An impromptu parkrun for me this morning - was supposed to be timekeeping but one of the other directors who was due to run wanted to swap.

It was a struggle this week and looking at my watch I was going to be at least three minutes over my previous time. I was half thinking that they must have got it wrong somehow last time. However, my watch must have been wrong because my time's something just over 30 minutes accoprding to my daughter who was timekeeping.

Not sure how that happened!

29/09/2012 at 11:35

Hi to all intrepid runners ! Hope most of you are out this morning - Have speed-ironing to do (10 shirts in less than an hour) Graham.. you may be running too hard/fast - that's a pretty quick time and I feel sick if I go too hard also - just slow down a tad and you will be fine. I don't have any medical issues it's just pushing too hard that brings on a bit of sickness. You'll have to start a sub 50 thread at this rate !

29/09/2012 at 11:37

Well done Carpathius and Graham on your parkruns this morning.

I have also parkrun this morning, not a pb at 27.44 by my watch which is 10 seconds slower - must not let this get to me

LSR planned for tomorrow....

29/09/2012 at 11:42

Hi all hope running is going well for you guys.  I still haven't run in the last several weeks, and my foot still hurts all the time so I went to a physio and she had a good poke around and did some ultrasound treatment.  Basically though, my arch is flat as a pancake and I'm pronating severely (both feet do it, painful left is the worst) so she says no running until I can get a podiatrist to custom build some orthotics for me as the over the counter ones seem to be doing me more harm than good  Anyway, on the positive side I should be able to run again (pretty much starting from scratch I guess) in a couple of weeks and so I'm starting a non-running buildup now - stretches, core strength and I'll start building an aerobic base on the rowing machine.  Appointment is on the 10th so I'll know more after that.

29/09/2012 at 11:52

Good luck for "LSR", Lisa - err what is that ? I'll let you know tomorrow how Petts Wood practice went.. Dave... let us know how you get on... Well done Carpathius... must have been a great feeling to be out this morning.

29/09/2012 at 12:07

Thanks Peter, yeah you are probably right. My brother ran a 19 min 5k so when he went off I kind of ran just behind him. On this park run there are two very long steep hills. The first one starts pretty much after about a minute. Its very long and pretty hard. I borrowed my brother's garmin and found I was probably hitting under 8 min miles. Im hoping that running with the club every tuesday, doing a run on thursday along with this league 5k run on Saturday things should speed up.

If I can't get my running technique nailed then things should be better. I am ordering some brooks ST5 trainers today which are what the personal trainer suggested are a good neutral running shoe. I did borrow my brothers lightwieght shoes today which felt better than the adidas supernova's I am currently using. I really need to get some good miles in every week and maybe a good training plan will come in handy.

I have my aunt over tonight which normally turns a bit messy but am aiming to get out tomorrow for a long steady run.

Well done Lisa on your run .

Daveo good luck mate I hope all goes well for you in a couple of weeks.

What a nice weekend out there.

14,801 to 14,820 of 16,079 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.