A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

15,041 to 15,060 of 16,077 messages
20/10/2012 at 17:58
It's the reason I enter. The last race I did I got toothpaste and body scrub... Dint realise I smelt that bag whilst running. I feel proud going to the local gym in my new t shirt!
20/10/2012 at 18:05
Good luck Brenda tommorrow look forward to race report x
HM4
20/10/2012 at 19:28

Chrissie,

Hope you recover quickly from that.

Rachel,

Well done.

----------

Have definitely decided not to do my 10k tomorrow.  Just walking to town and back (about an hour) was enough to wear me out.

20/10/2012 at 20:31

Chrissie, so sorry to hear you really not so well, make sure your GP gives you a thorough MOT. I will be thinking of you tomorrow

I cannot reply to all as I am just back from visit to my bro for my nephews birthday party, need to unpack and get ready for tomorrow. Have spent most of the afternoon nibbling fatty childrens party food. will find out tomorrow how good a half mara nutritional preparation that is

thanks to all for good wishes. My right knee still hurts but I am sure it will be ok once I warm up.....it usually is......

20/10/2012 at 20:45
Good luck vibes walk talk Kate
20/10/2012 at 22:33
Well that's an easy way to carb load I guess. Fairy cakes and ham sandwiches what half you running? I'm in for the silver stone next year! Can't wait. Although I'm starting to think I've bitten off more than I can chew. ???? Should be fun.

Good luck for tomorrow.
HM4
21/10/2012 at 09:09

Kate,

Good luck & take care of your knee.

21/10/2012 at 13:29

Just back from sports physio, she was absolutely excellent! She is a runner herself so really understood! She has given me programme of icing, anti inflammatories and hamstring exercises and thinks hopefully I will be able to run, although will have to take it easy. Wish Id seen her ages ago!

Kate hope all went well for your HM!

21/10/2012 at 13:35
Brilliant Louise sounds very positive like she said you may not be aiming for any this race but at least a chance of running now
HM4
21/10/2012 at 14:09

Louise,

That's wonderful.  Hope the rehab goes well.

21/10/2012 at 14:35

Brilliant news Louise!!

Well did a a slightly longer run yesterday then planned, ran 5 miles instead of 2-3, which meant that I struggled a bit on my LSR today - but ran 9.4 miles in 1 hour 35 mins.

According to the McMillan calculator i should be doing my LSR at around 11 - 11.40 min miles but I just can't seem to run at that pace, however I generally feel comfortable running at 10 -10.20 min miles and can talk. Maybe I read too much .

Am just coming to the end of 'Born to Run' and already fancy the idea of a trail ultra and barefoot running through mountains - this is coming from the person who 'doesn't do hills!!'  I am now searching for a trail marathan next year - not that I am easily swayed or anything!!

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 14:35
HM4
21/10/2012 at 18:14

Lisa,

McMillian is usually a good indicator.  If you're feeling comfy at that pace maybe you're not trying hard enough in races?  Careful of trail marathons because the courses can be horrible, however Bacchus (beginning of September) do have a really nice course (2 laps) and the last mile (or just over the mile) is all downhill.

21/10/2012 at 19:17

oops, a couple of days away and another book is written in here

Sorry to hear about all the injuries/illness and cancelled races - chin up as all that training will stand you all in good stead for the next race

Congrats to all those able bodies souls that have continued running.

I've been feeling lathargic and under the weather this week so not been out since Tuesday and was all ready to go out this afternoon when my back 'popped' whilst packing my running gear for my week away - am gutted and in a lot of pain so not sure I'll need the running gear (irony or what?).

21/10/2012 at 19:27
Lisa your times sound very impressive
Andi not another injured body nightmare we all are this last couple if weeks!
HM4
21/10/2012 at 19:30

Andi,

Hope that clears up soon.

21/10/2012 at 19:46

I have worked hard this week in the gym and been swimming every day and was really going to go for it today in my 10 mile race. Its been on my mind all week and perhaps just a step too far from a 10k to 10 mile. 

Woke up this morning feeling aweful like I had just crossed the finish line. My feet were throbbing my head hurt and pains in my side. So reluctantly did not go as i thought my body was trying to warn me. I hope its not the start of flu just feel yucky and disappointed in myself.

I will now concentrate on getting a pb at parkrun next week and think my energy should be channelled that way meantime. Brenda

HM4
21/10/2012 at 19:52

Brenda,

Sounds like a wise choice.  It hurts when we have to make decisions not to run a race however sometimes it for the best.  Good luck with the parkrun.

21/10/2012 at 19:53
Oh no Brenda aswel! So many germs around at moment does sound maybe your body rebelling and begging you for a rest day maybe?

Your body is normally right in what they telling us so you deffo did the right thing and Knocked the 10 miles on the head but I know how disappointed you must feel Monday is a brand new week brand new goals hope you feel better in morning go and find chocolates or red wine always cheers me up anyway lol
21/10/2012 at 20:21

Its disappointing Brenda but I htinkyou made the right choice.

Hello Andi havent seen your for ages, what a shame about your back! I really hope is just a temporary thing. Am icing my knee, doing everything the physio has told me to do in the hope of running on Sunday!

21/10/2012 at 21:24

Txs for your wishes folks and am feeling better after a nice long Radox soak, half a tube of deep heat and some anti inflamatories

Brenda, upsetting as it is am sure you made the right choice and you can take out your frustration on your PR

Hi Louise - I've missed our virtual LSR's we need to start them again when we are both fit again

15,041 to 15,060 of 16,077 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.