A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

15,081 to 15,100 of 16,039 messages
HM4
25/10/2012 at 20:27

Andi,

It happens.  Don't worry about it.  The main thing is that I have enough sense to recognise when I'm pushing myself too much.  Have you ever come across Klar-it?  I don't know if it's still made however I came across it at a ski show and it keep both my glasses and googles clear.

Samantha,

I can't answer that one as it's difficult sometimes to work out if you should go out for a run or not.  Maybe if you're honest with the club it would be a good indication of how they would treat you if you had an injury and were just returning?

25/10/2012 at 21:47

Club run with friendly club this evening and decision made to join the club . Will probably give their XC runs a go as well!!

Sam can't really advise, maybe try icing it and then seeing how it feels tomorrow before going along to the club?

26/10/2012 at 14:29

Lisa, go for it. My club did their first one last weekend and I saw the pics. Looked like fun and gutted I missed it.

It was my turn last night for a bad run. Only managed 3 miles. It was very windy which is no excuse and I just didn't have anything in the tank. 10 mile run planned tomorrow so fingers crossed for that.

I got my Athletics Association number today. So now I can enter races affiliated. Wicked news as I will now have my club against my name on the chip time lists.

What does everyone have planned for this weekend run or social.

HM4
26/10/2012 at 21:47

Graham,

Going to a bonfire/firework thing tomorrow night and the rest of the weekend is going to be chilling.

Lisa,

Excellent.

----------

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend.

27/10/2012 at 16:58

Enjoy the bonfire HM4 (hmmm, just like Christmas it looks like bonfire night is starting early!). Never heard of Klar-it but should have a google for a decent de-fog product soon so thanks

Lisa, think  think you made the right choice - keep us informed

High heeled boots Sam? I'll say no more other than I hope your back on form soon

Woohoo, Graham Speedy Perkins had a 'bad' run so is human after all lol. Seriously though you know we all have them from time to time Graham and am sure you'll be back to 'normal' soon

No running for me since Wednesday as I've been driving round the country (1,000 miles in 3 days) but plan on going for a 5-6 mile run tomorrow and am busy looking for a 12 week 10k training plan I can butcher, make my own and start on Monday (unless I make that a rest day lol).

Busy night tonight as I have plenty of beer to drink whilst watching Strictly, Merlin, X-factor then MOTD (am easily pleased lol). Have a good weekend folks.

27/10/2012 at 17:14

nervous now, last miute preperations for HM, race time 9.45, but I am at the back, and 18000 in the race, anyone any idea how long it will take for met to get to the start?

Just about to cook pasta, nervous and hope knee holds out but also excited, here's hoping! x

27/10/2012 at 18:01

Nerves are to be expected Louise (and not a bad thing). Just get your pasta inside you, relax and have an early night. No idea about when you'll start but maybe 20-30mins? I have heard some peeps have 'disposable' jackets/waterproofs that they can just chuck as they start running (even a bin bag).

27/10/2012 at 18:22

Louise enjoy your carb loading, and fingers crossed that your knee holds out.

No pressure but am looking forward to the race report .

Andi enjoy your Saturday night viewing, eating and drinking mine will be similar, although I will be swapping beer for wine.

10 miler planned for tomorrow - just hope its not quite as cold as today!

27/10/2012 at 18:33

Your knee will be fine Louise just forget about it and concentrate on getting on with race. Yes it might be cool but I think thats better for running in. I did parkrun this morning in very cold conditions and loved it. It wasnt my fastest but I wanted to get my breathing right and enjoy the run after having the flu thing this week and was glad just to enjoy it.

Have a good weekend everyone

27/10/2012 at 21:11
GOOD LUCK Louise your knee be fine be thinking of you!!!!
Well I did 8.62 km this morning felt quite strong lol ankle still twinges walking but fine running do I'm happy with that lol

Just back from a Halloween disco with kids at gym club was hysterical over a hundred little ankle bitters all hyper on coke and sweets hubby and I dressed up with the whole witch and wizard look

Good luck everyone else out for a run long or short tomoz
HM4
28/10/2012 at 08:28

Andi,

The bonfire was completely pants!  We couldn't park anywhere & ended up going back to our friends for coffee then home.  The town we live in has it's bonfire next Saturday so we're planning on going to that one.

Louise,

Good luck.  Being nervous is a good sign!

Lisa,

Good luck for your run.

Samantha,

Sounds a fun night.

28/10/2012 at 17:18

Hello everyone, home now, finished the HM in 2 hours 23 ish ( not got official time yet, may be a little more). Knee held up ok ( what a releif!)

Was very cold and ran the first half wearing two pairs of gloves.I am a fidgety runner and this was a bit of a pain ( accessing water /ipod etc). The race was quite well organised I think, although I was lucky and for some reason had a very short baggage drop queue. Didnt have to hang around too long before the start even though I was near the back, and then we were off.

I took the first 3k very gently to test out knee, loads of people overtook me and I started to get a bit panicky I would be last, but I think  they were people not pacing themselves very well as I overtook alot of people in the second part of the race. Knee seemed fine, and amazingly was comfortable for the whole race! Very hilly in the first half, but not as bad as I feared, and all the reviews say the second half is much more pleasant and that gave  me confidence.

Decided to pick up a free powerade at about 9 miles ( I never usually have energy drinks) and it definitely worked for me. Given I missed my last lsr due to the knee I finished amazingly comfortably.

All in all a good day, and Im very happy And now have an HM pb! I have text my physio to say thanks, without her I think I would have pulled out. Treating myself to curry and cider tonight  - Yay!

28/10/2012 at 17:35

Oh and I forgot to say, have a big blister on my toe and am losing a toenail, and my nose ran all the way round from the cold and I have sore lip, but otherwise all good

28/10/2012 at 17:35

Well done Louise! and a decent time to boot

Am glad your knee held out and it sounds like an enjoyable way to spend a Sunday (albeit a tad cold). Enjoy your Curry and cider, am just out to pick my curry up now and will have a beer or two to help you celebrate!

28/10/2012 at 18:00

enjoyed the report Louise, well done. Funny things knees  mine hurt before but not during the HM! and the HM seems to have cured it . Glad it went well

28/10/2012 at 18:26
Brilliant Louise so glad everything worked out well on the day. Your physio sounds fab!
28/10/2012 at 18:47

Well done Louise, glad your knee held out, and enjoyed the race report also.

You can start looking to sign up for another one now .

Enjoy your curry and cider.

LSR of just over 10 miles completed, felt good. Pilates tomorrow night and then club on Tuesday and Thurday night.

Happy running everyone.

28/10/2012 at 19:23

So very pleased for you Louise must feel marvellous to have done that. Take it easy now and hope your knee feels ok tomorrow. So enjoyed your report and was thinking about you today. Well done you !!

28/10/2012 at 19:33

Thank you everyone !

welldone Lisa on your lsr! Kate I do hope my knee follows the same pattern as yours!

28/10/2012 at 19:59

Official time up, 2 22 54 -yay, am very happy with that

15,081 to 15,100 of 16,039 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.