A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

15,101 to 15,120 of 16,079 messages
HM4
29/10/2012 at 19:07

Louise,

Well done & great report.

Lisa,

Well done.

29/10/2012 at 19:55

Am not surprised your happy with the  time Louise

Well done Lisa, I tried some Pilates on Saturday along with a short resistance band session and not been for a run since as I can barely walk!

As I was resting I checked my RHR today and its down from 60bpm to 52bpm since July. Am contemplating trying some hill runs to check my MHR but will see how I feel.

HM4
30/10/2012 at 07:48

Andi,

That's some improvement.  Well done.

30/10/2012 at 10:40

Andi that is brave! and amazing on the RHR impovement sure mine is much higher.

Thank you HM4 - am very achy today and have taken a days annual leave for a rest. Am looking for another race to set my sights ont. Not sure whethter to go for another HM or take the big leap up to a marathon. May be HM next spring and aim or the Brighton marathon 2014, as entries closed now for next year. What do people think?

HM4
30/10/2012 at 19:43

Louise,

Do what you think is best, however if you do a marathon have a look at the time limit for it and try and pick one with something like a 6 or 6.5 hr cut off and that way hopefully you won't feel any pressure.  I didn't understand the comment about a marathon of being in 2 halves - the fist half 20 miles and the second 6.2 miles until I did one !

30/10/2012 at 20:03

Blimey HM4, sounds like hard work. Am looking at Brighton which has a 7 hour time limit I think, but is scary. But do want to set myself a challenge !

30/10/2012 at 20:17
You guys are freekinnnn me out this Halloween marathon talk and all! Lol

I'm feeling stretched 2 more 10ks before Christmas then get butt moving for Llanelli half in march!!

I couldn't see me doing a marathon next year if ever lol

Lol Andi I know what you mean I joined in a core 20 min fast class on Saturday!! Agony come Monday and I know it wasn't my running that caused it
30/10/2012 at 21:06

Louise its a very tempting prospect doing a full marathon. The only thing holding me back at the moment is the training - especially the LSR's on a Sunday, and all the increasing mileage in the week. I am already out of the house a fair bit due to running, and the 2 pilates classes I do per week - but if the training is manageable why not .

Club run this evening was cut short due to a huge blood blister forming on my forefoot after my LSR on Sunday and although I should probably have not run at all, I couldn't resist going for a short 2.5 miler. I am thinking that perhaps my new trainers are not so great after all. However can I really justify buying another road pair on top of the trail ones (brooks cascadia) I have just ordered (hubby is yet to be informed of this! ). It's getting to be rather an expensive hobby!

HM4
31/10/2012 at 08:05

Lisa,

If you have the right shoes it's going to save on physio fees etc.

Samantha,

I didn't think I'd do a marathon, however when I looked at the training it only seemed that I'd be doing an extra 7 miles in training than what I'd done in a hal (ie max lsr was 20 miles)

31/10/2012 at 19:48

lol HM4, sounds like you have used that excuse before and lol at 'only' an extra 7 miles, a marathon isn't on my radar yet either.

Go for it Louise, you know you want to

Lisa, you know you run faster with new shoes, socks, leggings, tops, jackets and whatever hehe.

Sam, have been watching core exercise vids (for training purposes of course) and don't know how those slips of women can do some of their excercises without even 'glowing' I tried a straight arm side plank today and couldn't even hold myself up let alone bend my hips down and up 8 times!

Been a bad boy here and not been out for 8 days but start my 10k training in earnest tomorrow and considering trying tea/coffee without my 2 spoons of sugar!

HM4
31/10/2012 at 21:07

Andi,

Correct, when I was convincing hubby that I wouldn't smash my body up doing it.  Would agree with you regarding the plank exercise

01/11/2012 at 19:04

Well I have a confirmed place in the Brighton marathon on in April 2012, OMG what have I done! I figure when Ive done that I can make an informed choice about my favourite race distance lol.

All up in the air here as my little dog escaped last night, got spooked by fire works and run over by a car. His pelvis is broken in three places, and hehas fractured rib and sternum, but he is alive thank the lord, and is looking more hopeful now. All very upsetting

01/11/2012 at 19:37
Oh Louise what a happy and sad post!!! Brill you bit the bullet for the marathon great news.

Your poor dog it's heartbreaking when pets get Ill hope makes a full recovery!!! Have a big cider tonight x
HM4
01/11/2012 at 19:37

((((Louise))))

Hope your dog recovers.  Good luck with the training for Brighton.

01/11/2012 at 19:41
Done 5 known treadmill tonight and 5 k bike bit of prep for my mini tri dash tommorow lol!
It's oly 5k bike 5k tread and 8 lengths of pool but still nervous lol!!

Good atmosphere at club been going on all day,today I was there with girls this morning and great to see so many people having a go whatever the fitness and age love it hope it encourages my 2 to keep fit as they grow up??!!!!!
01/11/2012 at 20:25

good luck Samantha, sounds like good fun!

Thank you HM4-little dog brighter tonight, am hoppeful x

01/11/2012 at 20:51

Louise sending positive vibes your way for your dog.

Oh and fab news about the big one , it will definately keep your training focused through the winter months, looking forward to hearing about it all, so you must keep posting!

Club run tonight was feeling a bit rubbish as only had a few hours sleep this morning after being in a London hospital all night whilst a relatives ventilator was switched off. Said relative is still breathing and refusing to give up without a fight - much to the shock of all consultants involved in care. Apparently he should have passed away last night - but they don't know what a stubborn old goat he is !

01/11/2012 at 21:31

oh dear Sam doesnt sound like you are having much better luck than me, Im sorry!

Will definitely keep posting!

02/11/2012 at 09:53

WoW! Im sorry to about all this sadness. Louise I hope your dog gets better soon.

A marathon eh!!! Wicked news. I see lots of training coming up.

I had my usual club night on tuesday. Another tough one with the pace being 7.5 mim/miles finished with a crazy sprint at the end. LOL. I almost threw up. Would have been some what embarrasing.

I am off today so I decided to finish off with a long run. I managed 13.5 miles before my legs really tightened up to the point I just couldn't move them any more. I wasn't tired out but I think I need more conditioning in my legs.

I managed it in 1 hr 57 mins with an average of 8.59 min/miles with most of my miles being about 8.3 min/miles. Believe it or not I had to slow jog back the last 1.5 miles as it was less painful than walking. How wierd is that. LOL.

I bought two gel packs and they helped alot.

Now I have a totally free weekend so a few drinks to be had for sure.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and a few good runs guys and girls.

HM4
02/11/2012 at 18:38

Louise,

That's excellent hope that continues.

(((Lisa)))

Sounds a stressful time.  Hugs to all concerned.

Graham,

Well done.

15,101 to 15,120 of 16,079 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.