A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

15,141 to 15,160 of 16,039 messages
05/11/2012 at 18:57
Daveo well done hope improving all the time.
Lisa fab sounds great run.
Andi how's back?
Louise lol no rest be a shame to go backwards after all your hard work so makes sense to keep the pace up I guess
WTK well done
I just had quick hour in gym did 6k in 28 mins so chuffed with that.
No bonfires for us tonight my eldest (3yrs old) hates fireworks they both asleep already with music playing!!!

Planning longer outdoor run Wednesday then a bit of dope running gym Thursday night then lsr on Saturday this week how's everyone else's week planned out for runs?
05/11/2012 at 19:23

Daveo, that's great news

I have only started to feel better today - chest infection turned into a monster cold so I've been in bed since Thursday. Still coughing a little but mostly because catarrh is dripping down the back of my throat.

Will try a short run tomorrow, probably on the treadmill at the gym (oh joy) but will try to get out on Thursday. Racing 7 miles on Sunday is looking unlikely although I've decided not to decide until Saturday (if that makes sense). I'll do parkrun and take it from there. Will be very disappointed not to run on Sunday as there's a lot of club people doing it, as well as my mum and sister (although I won't see her - she runs 7:30-8 minute miles). It would also be my first race as a club member wearing club colours.

Well done all on the running and hope all injuries/illnesses decide to sod off quickly!

05/11/2012 at 20:02

wow Sam thats a good time, well done!

I am going to do 5 k tomorrow and build up gradually, plannng an lsr for sunday probably about 10 k lthough not yet decided!

Carpathias hope you feel better and manage to do your race x

05/11/2012 at 20:29

Glad to hear things have cleared up Louise and yes, back to training for you but you can take it seasy for a couple of weeks to recharge your batteries

Sam, well done on the run, sounds like you have a busy schedule!

Carpathius, there is nothing as bad a 'Man Flu' but am sure your Monster cold was bad! Glad to hear your picking up again and fingers crossed for Sunday

My back seems better today thanks but have been taking plenty of anti inflamatories as well as doing lots of lower back excercises so hope I'm not just masking it. Did another slow 5k this afternoon and other than getting a small blister on the end of a toe it felt ok albeit slow.

HM4
05/11/2012 at 21:15

Louise,

That's good news about the dog.

Andi,

Looks like it.

Carpathius,

Good luck.

06/11/2012 at 07:28

Sam nice speed session!

Carpathius glad to hear you are starting to feel better. If you go out for a run today take it easy especially as it is so cold out there, the cold air can play havoc with chests.

Louise good news on your dog.

Andi fingers crossed that your back is improving.

Pilates last night and club run tonight. Although if it stays this cold I may struggle with regulating my breathing due to asthma. So I am hoping that it warms up just a little bit!

Relatives condition is worsening - which is a mixed blessing as hopefully he will pass away shortly in peace. At this present moment he is dying a very slow death which is horrid to witness . It really makes you consider the whole euthanesia debate...

HM4
06/11/2012 at 07:54

Lisa,

Take care of yourself.

06/11/2012 at 18:25

Oh Lisa that sounds very traumatic, Im sorry to hear. Hope things get better for you.

Andi take it eaasy with your back.

Little sog still aking good progress

First run since HM tonight, did 8k very slow, knee niggles all the way but didnt get worse - i will be glad when it gets better!

06/11/2012 at 18:25

I mean little dog lol

06/11/2012 at 18:44
Carpathius hope you felt well enough to try a short run tonight?

Lisa hope your relative gets some peace soon for there sake it sounds a horrible situation
Louise little dog sounds a determined little fighter
No run tonight for me but can't wait for girls to go to grandmas tomorrow at 2pm so I can try and get a long run in
06/11/2012 at 22:18

Lisa, hugs for the family, must be a terrible time for everybody

Louise, well done on the 8k though thought you may have just done 4-5 first time out. Remember to build up gradually and all should be well in a week or two And I read dog until you corrected yourself Good luck for the lsr tomorrow - I'll be in the pub at 2pm thinking of you lol

No run tonight so will try for one tomorrow and programmed the garmin to have me run 1k then 10 sets of 50metre hill runs/jogs and recovery back down before a 3k run - should be fun lol

06/11/2012 at 22:20

HM, thanks fir the hugs

Sam, have a nice peaceful run tomorrow.

Louise, that's good news about your little dog and I hope the knee is better.

Lisa, I echo Sam and hope your poor relative finds peace. Hope you're OK.

Andi, take care of that back!

I did a mile on the treadmill at very easy (12mm) pace and could have done more but husband had already done his mile (he started before me) and was waiting for me to come for a swim so I stopped at a mile. Felt fine, breathing was fine and it didn;t make me cough so that's good. I had no water with me though and I normally sip water even on the shortest runs so my mouth felt dry. I then swam a leisurely 600m and spend five minutes in the steam room hoping it would ease the catarrh which seems to have worked.

Will go for a proper outside run on Thursday although will be in the dark as after work (boo).

Flipping knees really hurt now so time for a foam rolling session on the old ITBs

07/11/2012 at 07:29

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Louise well done on your 8k, fingers crossed that your knees hold up.

Carpathius glad you had a comfortable run, although the thought of a foam roller + tight ITB = OUCH!!

Club run last night, wasn't going to go as feeling completely drained so forced myself out although I am glad I went in the end. 5.6 miles ran in 50 mins, am hoping that my 10k in just over a week will see me go sub 55 mins.

HM4
07/11/2012 at 18:08

Carpathius,

Well done.  I don't follow the 'usual' drinking guidelines and prefer to have a little sip every 10 min or mile so don't worry.

Andi,

Good luck.

Lisa,

Well done.

08/11/2012 at 18:09

Andi - hope your back is better now?  I tried one of those calculations for maxhr but often run higher than it said so I just added a bit to the max I'd ever seen... not that I use zones anyway

Louise - hope your cold is better - a marathon?!  I'm jealous and also at the same time think you're mad

Carpathius - glad to hear your man flu has cleared up!

Lisa - sorry to hear about your relative   Good luck for the 55 min 10k.. smash it!

I had a bit of a setback yesterday - comeback run number 2, I only got half a mile down the road before walking back - both calves solid as a rock... I'm sure it's just a bit of stretching needed and the effects of the orthotics forcing me up onto my toes on run 1   I was gutted, but am more philosophical today - the shoes felt ok without the insoles, left foot a bit tender today, will have another go tomorrow.  Plus Saturday me and the team are going to walk around the proposed route for our new Parkrun!

08/11/2012 at 19:42

Carpathius, it couldn't have been man flu if you recovered so quickly and well done on the run/swim and hope tonights run goes ok

Lisa, well done on the run and can sense a pb at the weekend!

Daveo, fingers crossed your new shoes bed in soon and your running pain free again soon!

Am pleased with my back after 2 days of plenty of back/core excercises/stretches and was pain free this afternoon - a weird feeling as I can hardly remember the last time it felt so good so will continue with the excercises and the next goal is to stay in the plank position for 60 seconds - am halfway there already!

Messed up with the garmin tonight as my plan was to run 1k then do 10 sets of 50 metres up a hill and walk back down then another 3k at then end. I did the 10 reps but the garmin only recorded a few (need to read the instruction manual lol). I might have to find a steeper/longer hill as it felt quite easy for a first time. Ended up just doing 3.5k in 25 minutes.

HM4
08/11/2012 at 19:49

Andi,

Well done.

Daveo,

Good luck.  Hope that goes well.

09/11/2012 at 17:13

hi All 

trust everybody is doing well , well once again must appologise for not being here and in the coming week im going away again , but there you have it 

well as most know i was training for the GSR and had injured my back so all training went pair shaped , well i kep going to the gym stretching , doing cross trainer , bycycle but no pounding the treadmill or the streets , basically trying to keep the legs going 

went to the GSR with no expectations originally i wanted to run it in 1 hour and 40 minutes , but due to injury i went along to have fun

well i had alot of fun , it was a great day and would recomend to everybody go do one of these , the course is reletively flat and quite fast paced going through the hisoric dockyard was truely a site , dont forget to salute nelson , coming through centre town was okay but coming back along the seafront was cold , and the breeze made that tough this was from mile 8 , yes by this stage i was a little sore but still going , mile nine and i was determined not to be beaten the line was in view , clock was ticking and off i went on a charge official time 1 hour 34 minutes and 17 secs , pleased yes i was in fact more than pleased 

speak soon all  

HM4
09/11/2012 at 20:12

7th Skip,

Well done.

09/11/2012 at 20:25

7th Skip Well done!!

Well my grandad has passed away, so not much running undertaken in the last couple of days. However I am planning on parkrunning tomorrow and probably a LSR of about 8-10 miles on Sunday, however will see how I feel as it has been an emotional few days.

Happy running for all those getting out there this weekend.

15,141 to 15,160 of 16,039 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.