A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

15,181 to 15,200 of 16,077 messages
12/11/2012 at 11:44

Carpathius, great race report. I always find the first couple of miles pretty hard compared to the rest of any race. It's always nice when you get your flow going.

My last two miles of the 10 mile run on saturday was 7.5 min/miles and just seem to have alot of energy but that the end of the 10 it was all spent.

I probably over did it this weekend to be honest. Feeling really tired today but that is probably more to do with the amount of vodka I had last night. LOL.

My brother did the same X country as I did and he managed the 5 miles in 33 mins so he is still much much faster than me. Oh and he weighs about 3 stone less too which I always think has something to do with it.

12/11/2012 at 13:06

Don't worry - I have two sisters and our mother who all run and are all faster than me. They are also all slimmer than me. However, we're still running!

12/11/2012 at 13:25

Holeymoley welcome to this thread.

Andrew trails runs are definately harder but they are also much more fun. After my first trail race in September (and after reading Born to Run) I purchased some proper trail shoes so that I can go off road more and I often find myself smiling as I go through puddles and mud, it definately brings the child out of me!

Carpathius wonderful (as always) race review. Sounds like you really enjoyed it and are glad that you ran it, so well done.

Graham you will have to be join another thread soon you are far too fast for the likes of us mere mortals!!

After my Parkrun PB on saturday, legs felt too tired for LSR yesterday, however I have taken a few days off work so was able to get out for a 10 miler this morning. Ran it too fast in just over 1 hour 35 mins and am now feeling more tired, thankfully all I have planned for this afternoon is to continue reading Running with the Kenyans. Pilates class tonight, run club tomorrow doing intervals (argh) and then just one more easy run (I think) before 10k race on Sunday.

12/11/2012 at 13:59

Lisa that's a great time for a 10 mile. You're going to have to joing another thread with me soon.

I totally agree trail runs are so much harder. I was really shocked at the difference. I still prefer road running though.

12/11/2012 at 18:58
Thank you for the warm welcome! I feel quite in awe of some of the runners here...

Do you post your daily runs here?

I did 30 mins speed intervals on treadmill yesterday and a leisurely 3.5 miles recovery run today.

I feel very fortunate - I have 2 running buddies, one whose slower than me (who I ran with today) so I always do speed or hill work the day before running with her and have a lovely recovery run with her, and one whose much faster than me, so I'm her recovery and she's my tempo! I'm running with her on wed.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday
12/11/2012 at 20:06

Daveo, am glad things are easing for you and if you take it slowly you'll be up to 15k in no time

Louise, am glad your dog is getting better and well done on the run and the improving knee

Well done on the trail run Andrew and I've read that it will make you faster on the road!

Welcome holemoley and providing I don't get confused with Heather (HM4) I'll name you HM from now as I'm lazy lol. And yes, please post your training runs and race reviews, they keep us all motivated Sounds like you have 2 ideal running partners

Graham, as always well done of the fast times and it sounds like you have a few busy weeks ahead!

Carpathius, well done on the run, especially as you almost didn't make it so it makes it all the more special Loved the review - you ever thought about writing short stories

Well done on the Long (but too fast) Run today and id you are already aching you may be in trouble after pilates!

No running for me today, caused by lazyitus, will try harder tomorrow.

HM4
12/11/2012 at 20:10

Andrew,

Could have told you that one!  Well done.

Holeymoley,

Hi & welcome to the thread.

Carpathius,

Great report.

Andi,

You've just given a right laugh!  Whenever I say my name on the phones to customers and they mis-hear me they always call me Heather instead of Helen.  Just as well I'll answer to anything - providing it's polite !

Louise,

That's great news about the dog.

---------

I survived a full day on the phones however do have a cough now so hopefully that will clear up quickly.

12/11/2012 at 20:22

Oh poo 'Helen', I do apologise, probs best for me to go back to HM4 then lol

*wanders off with his head hanging low*

HM4
12/11/2012 at 20:28

Andi,

Don't worry.  I'm use to be called Heather !

12/11/2012 at 20:40

lol, am easily confused, my younger sister is Helen and have a Neice and Aunty called Heather. I hate calling people 'Love' and 'Babe' etc. but it might be safer in my old age lol.

HM4
12/11/2012 at 20:42

Andi,

LOL.

12/11/2012 at 20:46

holeymoley. I am very jealous of your running partners! I mostly run on my own except for club sessions.

HM4 I hope the cough goes away.

On the subject of names, one of the mothers in the school playground has referred to me as 'Alison' for years. I still haven't worked out how to tell her that's not my name!

I am aching today but considering I hadn't run for over two weeks, haven't run that far in 8 months, and ran parkrun the day before it's really not too bad. Of course tomorrow will be the test. Bike to pilates, bike to work, bike back to the gym, treadmill session and a swim

12/11/2012 at 20:47

Andi, if you have the right accent, you can call people 'duck'. I have always wanted to do that but I'm not Northern enough

Edited: 12/11/2012 at 20:47
12/11/2012 at 20:59
Or pet...I always quite liked that...
12/11/2012 at 20:59

A bit of a mongrel here Carpathius, born in Surrey, schooled on the Wirral then lived in toooo many counties to remember and currently live in the Inner Hebrides! Duck wouldn't work with me although I did live in West Yorkshire for  a couple of years.

12/11/2012 at 21:11

Pet is for the North East girls

'Boss' is probably the best thing to call a woman

12/11/2012 at 21:26
Lol love this banter

Hiya holeymoley welcome well as you can see we are a highly serious running thread lol

Carpathius brill race report well done
Hi Graham well done sounds fab but hard!!!!
Hm4? Heather Helen? Hello
Hope everyone else doing well this Monday.

I've done a 8k on a treadmill tonight! Boo but did it on more of an incline than normal. i Did in 42mins so happy with that.
I have the Cardiff mo run 10k on Sunday so need to be 'tapering down' lol well I need a fancy dress accessory aswel hm4 waist you with the pic of tutu run or am I confusing was it Lisa? Lol....
HM4
13/11/2012 at 07:50

Sam,

Hi .

Andi,

My favourite from the scottish folk is either Hen or Pal. It always makes me smile.

---------

Just to clear up some confusion if everyone wants to call me H or HM4 or Helen on the thread I don't mind which you guys use.

13/11/2012 at 09:01

Have never used Hen but when I was younger I used Pal, Mate or Yous (sp) for guys. 

Back on track I guess Got up late and its heavy rain so will try and get out after work today.

HM4
13/11/2012 at 21:06

Andi,

Not surprised you've not used hen as it's usually the old ladies who call me that.

15,181 to 15,200 of 16,077 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.