A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

15,281 to 15,300 of 16,077 messages
HM4
27/11/2012 at 18:48

Andi,

Well done.

------------

All this talk of barefoot shoes is making me want to dust of my Puma H Streets.

28/11/2012 at 19:30

Ts HM4 Hey, go dust them off but take things slowly

No running for me today, had a late night and just don't feel up to running today Went to the doctor yesterday (under duress) as I've been getting what I can only call 'flutters' in the centre of my chest??? All seems fine according to the doctor but she did send me home with an ECG monitor but so far have been unable to record the 'flutter'

Less than 8 weeks before my first 10k now so need to be clever with my training.

HM4
28/11/2012 at 21:11

Andi,

Of course I will.  It's a big change to make and I know if I can keep with it this time it will seriously improve my running.

29/11/2012 at 23:37

Hello, people, as usual it`s been a long, long time since I visited the forum. Fitness has been very poor all year due to one thing or another, never lack of motivation though.

Have read back a few pages, there`s lots of news, good and bad and some excellent running, great to see some of you breaking the 60 minute barrier, really well done!

Have managed a couple of weeks of 2 mile jogs and now hope to bild on that through the Winter. Would love to do my usual Race for Life around May time, want to break 30 minutes one day, have been close before. I also do a 10k every JUne/July but had to miss this year. My friend has asked me to do the Glasgow half in September, it will be 3 years after my one and only half previously. I`d love to do another one and am told the course is quite flat, here`s to training going well!

30/11/2012 at 14:26

Good luck HM4

WB Determined If your looking for a little support am sure this thread will help you break that 30 minute 5k and eventually the 'magic' sub 60 minute 10k  If I pull my finger out next year I'll be doing the Isle of Mull HM in August and might try the Glasgee one in September if all goes well so might see you there

HM4
30/11/2012 at 18:23

Andi,

Thanks.

Determined,

Good luck.  Agree with Andi regarding this thread.

30/11/2012 at 18:40

Welcome back Determined and good luck with the training.

I ran a mile on the treadmill at the gym, and I've not touched my orthotics since last week. My feet are angry with me, but I'm persevering.  The heel is not so bad as it was.

01/12/2012 at 01:17

Daveo, fingers crossed things go well for you (and your feet).

01/12/2012 at 16:26

Hi, popped in for  a quick lurk (my family think I am working on my research project ...shh...) hello to you all, det, good to hear you are  back in your running shoes. I had a quick run this am during the only rain storm of the day. short, slow but it got me out for a few minutes 'being a runner'. Now the sun is setting  over the dwindling flood waters and it is really gorgeous. hope some of you are out there enjoying it.

HM4
01/12/2012 at 18:18

Daveo,

Well done.

Kate,

Good luck with the project.

01/12/2012 at 19:51

Hi Kate and good to see you back  

Last time I went out was a few days ago and was sore on the top of my foot. I thought the laces might have been too tight but my shoe was practically falling off. Put my shoes on this afternoon and almost went back indoors as the pain was back again. I persevered and whilst it was sore I managed 14k in 1hr 41mins and the 1st 10k was my first time under 70 minutes (69:36). Next week I'm going for 16k and promise not to try and improve my 10k time as I'm sure it will be easier if I slow down (even more).

HM4
02/12/2012 at 07:35

Andi,

Well done & sounds a very good idea.

02/12/2012 at 17:23

Daveo hope things are continuing to improve.

Andi ouch sounds sore, but very well done on the 14k (wohoo to your 10k time as well!)

HM4 how are the Puma H's done any runs in them yet

Determined - welcome to this thread.

WTKate well done on getting back out there.

Week one completed of my HM training plan, and I have run a total of 23 miles which has felt really good. I like a good plan to follow, think it brings out my OCD tendencies!!

Happy running everyone

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 17:24
HM4
02/12/2012 at 18:09

Lisa,

Nope, however I walked into town, round a Christmas market & back which was an hour in total so will see how things go.  The first run in them is only going to be either 500m or 1k. 

02/12/2012 at 20:43

Thanks Lisa Way to go with 23 miles in your first week of training, is it a 12 week plan?

HM4, 500m seems plenty far enough for your first outing in a while.

02/12/2012 at 21:24
Evening all

Not been on few days! Went for a run yesterday did 4 miles ish then this afternoon went to club for a strong 40 lengths and a sauna lol

Lisa my HM training starts week tomoz but want to try start ramp it up a Little bit this time of year need a push so much going on with kids stuff and I'm running school PTA somehow!! Sucker or what so that is bonkers this Christmas doing stuff every night lol x I love my mince pies and pork pies so need lots of extra running. How was everyone's weekend? X
03/12/2012 at 07:37

Andi, yes its a 12 week plan - Hal Higdon intermediate HM with a few tweaks

Crikey Sam not sure how you fit it all in. Agree on the mince pie comment, I love a decent mince pie although I have avoided them still at the moment. Must resist till a bit nearer Christmas as I generally try and eat a lowish carb (paleo) diet which I have followed since Feb this year and have managed to lose 2.5 stone on - although I do drink wine and have my Saturday night curry.

HM4 look forward to hearing how you get on with them. I am still awaiting delivery of my VFFs, once I have received them I will also give them a short burst of energy.

03/12/2012 at 09:19

Hello All,

I've been back a few pages, but got all muddled - that's what I get for not visiting for a couple of weeks!

Hope everyone's injuries are healing and running is all going well.

I've been really lazy the last few weeks and only run at parkrun or club sessions so really must get back into the habit of regular solo runs. 14 weeks to HM so need to find a training plan.

Pre-training training started yesterday with a 4.2miler on my own after work. I nearly stopped and walked twice but was running out of daylight and still had half a mile of farm track and nearly a mile of unlit back road ahead of me so I had to carry on! Will be going to the gym to cross-train later - a session worked out by a personal trainer which was responsible for me being almost unable to walk two days later! I think I'll reduce the reps and build it gradually. I know DOMS is not really a bad thing but mincing down stairs is not really my style!

03/12/2012 at 16:21

WOW people have been really busy. I have not been around for a bit so not too much to report. Missed my club tuesday night run two weeks ago due to traffic getting home. Gutted but made last weeks which was fun.

I did however do my first 10 mile race with the club so my first official club run and really surprised myself. It was the Thanet 10 and I did it in 1hr 18mins and averaged 7.48 min/miles. At 6 miles I was at 45 mins so really chuffed. I came 85th out of 274 people who ran.

Tomorrows run is a 8 mile run where we have to wear our head torches so really looking forward to that.

I hope everyones training is going well and all injuries are getting better now.

HM4
03/12/2012 at 19:24

Andi,

It's not too far.  I use to use them before a few years ago and when at home I'm usually barefoot anyway.  However I'm going to still play things by ear.

-------

Well done on everyone's runs.

15,281 to 15,300 of 16,077 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.