A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

15,621 to 15,640 of 16,079 messages
HM4
08/04/2013 at 09:40

Andi,

Well done.

08/04/2013 at 13:11

Hey everyone!  I'm back  Just started my big comeback today.  I'm going to take it extremely slowly building my base up without breaking 160bpm on the HRM.  Today I 'ran' a couple of miles like that, plodding along at 12 min/mi until my HR got too high, then walking until it dropped again.  It's supposed to be good for building fitness and plus it'll stop me going out too hard while I'm building up my distance again.  I've been in the gym/pool a lot and walking 4 miles a day for several weeks now, but this is my first time running in a while.  Will probably have to wait til tomorrow before I find out if there's any pain in the leg.  Physio's been going well though, so I'm optimistic (again!)

08/04/2013 at 13:43

hi Guys 

well done to all of you either in training or running everyone is doing so well , Daveo , slow but steady i say every little helps and before you know it you will be back on top your game 

well me - hmmm been a mixed weekend really , tried running on saturday as i knew park run was not going to be possible and my feeling was right 10 minutes on treadmill and i could hardly breathe , however went back to the gym on sunday and tackled that bloody treadmill again and 30 minutes done , fantastic , yay me , okay not feeling 100% but so much better than last week so now its onwards and upwards 

i got asked a while ago what other races lined up , well nothing at present but i am considering the Great South Run again and then also a Yateley 10 k , not to much this year 

need to try and remember to enjoy running and not let it enjoy running me 

hope you all have a good week 

HM4
08/04/2013 at 20:54

Daveo & 7th skip,

Well done.

HM4
10/04/2013 at 17:58

Did my final session of the press up challenge & either did 80 or 100.  I was counting in 20's & Chris distracted me.  Will be trying some full press ups at the weekend.

13/04/2013 at 18:32

Parkrun today (5k) - took 37 mins but I didn't break 155bpm all the way round (and didn't have to walk to keep it down) which was the goal  Leg and foot are about 90%, not perfect, but I think ok as long as I keep it sensible.

13/04/2013 at 19:48

Daveo, sounds like a good plan and very HADD like Am sure your times will tumble at a similar HR after you build your base back up.

7th skip, good going and yes, if you stop enjoying it then there really is no point in running!

HM4, brilliant job with the pushups and even if it was 80 thats still more than I ca (currently) do.

Went along the Rhone today - probably my most boring run ever - dead flat and only a couple of bends in the entire 11 miles! I stopped at the halfway point to take my trousers off (don't worry had shorts on underneath). I had been averaging 11:45 min/miles and fealt good but then the excess alcohol and 04:30am bedtime took it's toll and ended up averaging 12:10 min miles for the run and was severly dehydrated. 

Good news is this was my first ever 11 miles and my Heart rate averaged just 65% of WHR so probably wasn't tryig hard enough

HM4
14/04/2013 at 07:40

Daveo,

Well done.

Andi,

Thanks.  Good hear you're getting some runs in on holiday.

HM4
14/04/2013 at 18:46

1.25 miles done yesterday & 2 miles done today  Hopefully the weather is going to hold so I can get some decent training in before the first race this year (2.5 miles in Hook).

15/04/2013 at 17:03

hi Guys 

trust that you are all well , this weekend wow what can i say im so stiff in the legs today 

ran a park run on saturday 26 minutes and 25 seconds , it felt like i struggled at the run but when i got my time i was amazed was not expecting that at all , think my running has changed and i have speeded up 

then went to the gym in the afternoon and tried out my new programme was absolutely fab but wow , stiff on sunday 

went for a run on sunday , normal strtches before setting of and then ran six miles took a little longer but wow last night could hardly move and today the stairs in the office hurt 

but back to gym tonight and try and do it all over again , it will either make me feel better or make me hurt big time only time will tell

remember 1 foot in front of the other and enjoy it , the weather is also getting better 

speak soon 

HM4
15/04/2013 at 19:13

7th skip,

Well done.

16/04/2013 at 13:50

hi Guys 

with all the events that has happened over the last few days makes all my stiffness, pain caused by my running and gym workouts seem totally irrelavant 

my thoughts are with those who have suffered or have been affected by recent events at the brighton marathon and also the cowardly act of the boston marathon 

remember why we run , we enjoy it, lets not let these events deter us in our goals lets continue to run to show our support to those who are effected 

keep strong guys 

16/04/2013 at 20:04

Good to see you running HM4, when is the race?

Great runs skip and remember 'no pain, no gain' (though I'm not sure thats always correct?). Just caught up on the news and yes, terrible events

Arghh, since I found that nice flat spot I thought I'd attempt to beat my (rather slow) 10k PB of 67:13. First 5k was fine @31:46 but had to stop for a toilet break. That's when I fell to bits, it was about 28 degrees and was definately dehydrated (wee colour) so ended up walk/running back.

HM4
16/04/2013 at 20:12

Andi,

Something like 16 or 20 May, which every is the nearest Sunday to that.

16/04/2013 at 21:42
Hi HM4

hook run is the 19th May , hope you enjoy it , I am missing that one
HM4
17/04/2013 at 19:56

7th Skip,

Thanks.  There would have to be something seriously wrong for me not to enjoy Hook as it's such a good race for everyone.

18/04/2013 at 13:29

HM4 

wish i was running it this year as it is my home run but im away that weekend 

it is a good run 

HM4
18/04/2013 at 18:58

7th skip,

Hope you enjoy the weekend away.

21/04/2013 at 20:35

Hey guys, another super slow parkrun yesterday without breaking 160bpm.  No sign of any niggles!

22/04/2013 at 13:29
Hi all

Had a great park run on Saturday 25.52 not my pb but heading in the right direction , Daveo glad you have no niggles its always a good sign

Took a day off on Sunday done no training whatsoever not sure if good or bad but somehow missed my long run I would normally do ,henhouse

Have a great week everybody
15,621 to 15,640 of 16,079 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.