A new 10k in under 60 mins thread?

They're all too fast in the other thread!

16,021 to 16,034 of 16,034 messages
03/03/2014 at 14:59

Hi guys 

well just to let you know , I went with the new shoes and used the zinc oxide tape and well had a fantastic run , everything went to plan , had a stitch approx mile 7 and again at mile 11 but kept going , achieved a new PB so very happy and silverstone is a great run, fantastic surface for running , and glad have done it 

PB now set at 1 hour 55 minutes and 19 secs 

got a few aches and pains this morning , but nothing a recovery tun and sauna won't sort out tonight 

03/03/2014 at 20:46

Wow that was a great time in those conditions 7th, well done!. Glad the feet held up OK.

I also set a PB (never run more than 10K before) of 2:22:02.

Feel OK today but was ruined last night.

BWF
05/03/2014 at 06:13

Well done you guys !!

Will try and post a time for a 10k this weekend although it will be on the easy side,as i have not entered any races yet. Seem to have a bit of fear regarding races,which i did not have when i ran in my younger days.

Hope everyone is well.

05/03/2014 at 15:50

Legs now feeling great ready for a new treadmill run tonight 

hofmeister well done , good run , the coarse was amazing , could have been a bit better supported but enjoyed it at least 

enjoy your run everyone 

BWF
15/03/2014 at 09:23

Hello everyone,hope all well, progressing nicely with a 6.3 mile run this morning in 1 hour 2 minutes so just over the hour mark for 10k by a minute or so. Only slight niggle was a pain in the hip near the end,so quite pleased.

Edited: 15/03/2014 at 09:23
21/03/2014 at 14:07

Long time no see ... I forgot about this thread with all this other "life" stuff happening! I ran my first 10k last summer in 49:31. I then ran another one in November in 48:45 (same course). And after laughing at the suggesting of running further I'm now entered into my first half marathon!! Still saying a big no to a marathon ...  

I also entered into the world of Garmin at christmas and I love my little watch. No more running with the clunky phone. 

BWF
22/03/2014 at 08:28

Well Done on the times Emse,i too have entered a half-marathon,albeit it is a long way off,The Great Scottish Run in Glasgow on October 5th,plenty time i hope to increase mileage and distance and have a few 10k races over the summer,looking forward to the challenge.

23/03/2014 at 22:13

Esme the world of garmin , I got one for a belated Xmas present a week before the silverstone half marathon and it's a great piece of kit , well worth getting if you don't already have one 

24/03/2014 at 10:37
Yeah I do love it although I just realised that if you run approximately a race distance & stop your watch it assumes that you have crossed the finish line in a real race and takes that as your time. So I've been frustrated at my inability to clock under 2hrs for my training half but it's because I stop the watch at dead on 2hrs (and a tiny bit further than HM distance!!!) d'oh.
HM4
14/04/2014 at 21:01

Well done guys.

I've not been getting any notifications from this thread for ages & thought I'd check it out now hubby has done his marathon in the hope that it gives me a lift while my body is healing from run/walking his long runs with him.  They have caused lots of problems with my knees so much so that I've struggled to walk the day after.

15/04/2014 at 07:07

Hm4 , I hope you get better soon , dont get to frustrated 

HM4
15/04/2014 at 08:43

7th skip,

Thanks.  I've not really ran for about 2 weeks & have concentrated on stretching as my hip has also been affected.  I'm going to try a run this afternoon.  I want to get myself sorted for my first race of the year which is going to be the 2.5 mile Hook race.

Yesterday at 07:12

HM4 

hook run 2,5 , nice little run , after missing it for the last 2 years i think I have decided that this year I will be running the 6 mile hook run , and being my local run I have no excuse really 

well good luck stretch well , and if you see me say hello 

HM4
Yesterday at 09:00

7th skip,

Will do.  Let me know your bib number.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
16,021 to 16,034 of 16,034 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.