A new me......

21 to 35 of 35 messages
19/04/2013 at 14:15
brummie84 wrote (see)
I never knew that! Thank you, I just told a newbie mate whos training for a HM and has his forst five mile race in a couple of weeks.

when my distances get further and Im booked onto some park runs/races I'll xtart without music, im just worried the constant sound of my breathlessness will put me off!!!

Do you think maybe running without music would help you get a better natural rhythm going to your breathing (which you said you were having problems with) ?  Just a thought.

20/04/2013 at 01:44
Well today (Friday) was the cheat emal day.

Breakfast - Porridge with half scoop of protein powder

Lunch- 2 slices wholegrain toast with spaghetti with sausages

Dinner- Half a chicken chow mein, half egg fried rice and a chicken chilli salt and pepper dish plus 8 cans of Carling.

Right tomorrow going for a good walk and having good clean food!

Knees felt a little sore/stiff today , hopefully theyll be alright for Sundays run!
20/04/2013 at 06:29

Eat more, and good stuff, at lunch on a Friday and you won't be so tempted to stuff yourself with bad food in the evening?

21/04/2013 at 18:03

Ya its good

21/04/2013 at 18:06

Why protein powder in your porridge? 

21/04/2013 at 18:55

Re Protein powder in the porridge, I always had porridge with sugar, having it this way does away with sugar and also makes it more filling!

Saturday-

Breakfast 1 wholemeal muffin with 2 bacon medalions.

Lunch - Chicken salad

Dinner Chicken stir fried with peppers/muchrooms/ courgette onion served with veg.

Also had 4 bottles of Stella.

No running but did a 5.5mile walk.

21/04/2013 at 18:58

Sunday-

Breakfast- Porridge with half scoop of protein

Lunch Chicken stir fried with peppers/ mushrooms/ onion/peppers served with veg and sweet potato wedges.

Dinner- small portion of whole grain pasta in a spicy peperoni sauce ( was making this ready for this weeks lunches at work.

Was hoping to do a run tonight but knees still feel a little sore, ( is this normal?)

Hoping resting up today will have me ready for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the feedback comments

21/04/2013 at 19:06

Where did you hear protein powder fills you up more?  And if you don't want to use sugar (can't see why you would anyway with porridge), you can use honey to sweeten it, which is massively less caustic than protein powder.  And cheaper.  Significantly less calories in honey too.

21/04/2013 at 19:18

I havent heard it , just when I have porridge plain, or with Powder, I find it more filling with the powder. Will give hiney a try though, thanks.

21/04/2013 at 19:19

Also I did read that its good to get protein in every meal, so having that if I'm not eating eggs etc is another bonus.

22/04/2013 at 20:17

Today,

Breakfast 9 am Shredded wheat

Lunch 1pm - Grilled chicken , bananna

Dinner 6pm stir fried chicken, in  discovery spices, mushrooms, half a pepper 1/4 onion in 2 wholegrain tortillas.

Will be doing the 2 mile run a little later, (under the cover of darkness lol)

25/04/2013 at 16:26

Tuesday-

Breakfast - Porridge with half scoop protein

Lunch - chicken breast,Banana, apple  Protein shake.

Dinner - Chicken , 1/4 onion, half a pepper, few mushrooms in 2 x wholemeal tortillas.

25/04/2013 at 16:27

Wednesday-

Breakfast - Porridge half scoop of protein

Lunch -Chicken Salad, Banana

Snack protein shake,

Dinner - Weight Watchers Chicken Lasagne ( very nice)

Edited: 25/04/2013 at 16:29
27/04/2013 at 08:54

Just weighed in, 12'3 finally broke the 1st barrier 

Food has been good last few days, no real slip ups ( 2 choc biscuits yesterday aside!)

Going to start the running again Sunday, this week my knee felt odd, a slight pain on side of knee cap and a little pain below knee cap, so havent done any running this week.

All I have done excercise wise is my press ups app and 1x 4mile walk, also doing a 4 mile walk today.

28/04/2013 at 14:38

hiya brummie

i was 22st 5lbs and now 14st 7lbs...last it in a year and have maintained it for a year...nnow entering phase two of loosing ...cant help with running advice as only been yomping myself since february ....but the weight loss was via a food combining diet very similar to to the new slimming world extra easy plan...which is essentially cut fats to the absolute minumum ..cut processed food and sugars and restrict cereals and breads...otherwise lean meat,fish,poultry,pasta.potatoes,rice,fruits and veg are all free so no weighing or counting and very easy to 'live' while doing it ...best of luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.