Adidas MiCoach

Anybody tried it?

4 messages
29/12/2012 at 13:27

Want to attempt to get back into running this year and have a marathon in mind for August 2014 (planning ahead). Really am starting again from the very beginning and very much need some motivation. Thought maybe treating myself to some new technology may help. Wanted to get some general advice/opinion first though before splashing out £100. Like the idea of the HRM linked colour coded pacing and workout planner but not sure I fully understand the technology. HELP!?!

30/12/2012 at 21:52
I got one last jan. nope. Never used it.
From what I can work out, there are better things out there......
08/02/2013 at 14:00

I'm also sure there are better things out there but I spent £65 in October 2012 on a brand new Micoach Pacer bundle which includes the Pacer, Ant+ HRM and Ant+ foot sensor and its the best thing i've done on the gadget front. The training plans from the Micoach site are excellent but if you don't like them then you can create your own. The Pacer actually coaches you as you run....if you have a complex run with different zones it tells you to speed up/slow down, how long the zone is etc, a human voice, not an alarm or vibration. One negative point, the website itself appears to under constant development and therefore somewhat buggy but I can live with that. Prior to buying the Pacer I did run but not consistently, I'd have a mad couple of months then forget about it for weeks, then back to it again. My best pace on a 5km to 10km race in 2012 was 5mins per km no matter how much I tried to get faster....since buying the Pacer in October and running 3 to 4 times per week its now 4:30 per km at race pace and i've lost a stone. I know that is actually down to having a 'smarter' training plan but I wouldn't have adopted one if I hadn't bought and used the Pacer...i'd have just carried on plodding the pavements at the same old pace.....boring, boring, boring.

I know I'm never going to break any records other than my own (I spent 10 years on the couch until 12 months ago) but if the slow improvement continues and I can get to hold 4:30 per km on a half marathon I'll be over the moon.

If you are new to running, which I am, and haven't got oodles of cash, which I don't, then the Pacer is a great buy for the money. I can't afford iPhones and Garmin's and subscription training plans and to be honest if I did move to something more expensive I'd miss the voice coaching my Pacer provides.

08/02/2013 at 14:51

I used it, and thought it was very good.  However, at the time I had it Adidas released a firmware update almost weekly, and they usually caused trouble.  I now use the Micoach site to create workouts that I load in to my Garmin.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.