Advice

Stress Fracture

4 messages
13/06/2012 at 09:40

Been hobbling around with a tibia stress fracture which I suspect I had for a while since I had stopped running and then eventually went to the Dr in desperation.  What I want to know is this, once I get the all clear (bone scan results Monday), would it be better for me to off road as it were as I will be terrified of it happening again or is this not likely.  Oh and i was only run walking 6mins run 1 min walk x 6 at th time. thanks

13/06/2012 at 10:12

I'd follow the advice of your physio/doctor. After my leg break I was put with a physio for 6 weeks before I could start thinking about running.

13/06/2012 at 11:12

Ah yes good point thanks.  But I was trying to get motivated for the future, really bored.

13/06/2012 at 11:43

I honestly wouldnt push it or you'll delay the recovery further. My physio used to give me exercises and made a realistic plan for sports when I first went to see her. She said what would be achievable at x week if i kept to my exercises and didnt push it.

She was right - and it gave me something to look forward to.

I know it's hard right now and you're chomping to get back into sport but take it easy

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.