Almost 10K

Don't ask me to measure a run

3 messages
13/07/2008 at 12:35

Today, I decided to run 10K - to make sure I can do it before I do a 10K race.  I was expecting to have to walk but I just kept slowing the pace down (slower than slow walking) and had a great run.  

I'd decided to walk the last bit back to my flat so that I had a chance to cool down and loosen the legs a bit but thought I'd mapped out a route that didn't allow for any cheating (the Thames in the middle means no short cuts)   

I ran 9.48 according to mapmyrun.  Still at least I know I can do it and feel pretty good as well. 

13/07/2008 at 13:25
That's certainly good enough, you will have no problems.  Were you pleased with the time?
13/07/2008 at 13:51

You will be fine.

My furthest training run for a recent 10k was 8km and I knew it was enough. On the day with all the other runners it will be much easier.

Well done on your run and enjoy your race.

Norm.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.