Also getting started!

21 to 27 of 27 messages
21/11/2011 at 10:29
post deleted
Edited: 28/11/2011 at 09:17
07/01/2012 at 17:49
I am a complete beginner to running.I am hoping to do half marathon in 3 months. I am 40 yrs old. Is this completely unrealistic? Any suggestions please!
10/04/2012 at 18:01
I am about to go for my first walk/run. Im not overweight but would like to tone up. My boyfriend and his mother are marothon runners and keep telling me how fab running is so I've caved and decided to give it a go. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is my subluxing arm. I am awaiting physiotherapy on my shoulder for a severe sublux. Will running gently do any further damage :/ ???
10/05/2012 at 05:45

Hello,

These tips are good, I can recommend them, I've been running from some years and aiming for very long distances!

Anothe site I recommend is www.fromthecouchto5k.com, very interesting also.

Shoes are surely one of the hottest topics you should never disconsider.

Enjoy running,

Carrol

18/12/2013 at 07:13

Thank you very much Dr Obodo for completing those on my behalf, really appreciate it, and the ex love spell you cast for me is really working .
Today, daunte and I have been in contact, such a positive turn around as we now have civilization (miracles do happen) although I'm not sure were we go from here nor is it exactly the desired result, nonetheless I wanted to thank you sincerely from the depths of my heart, for this step in the right direction and I look forward to changes in the coming weeks.
You have a gift that is truly amazing and I find it very endearing that you use own gift to help others in their journey throughout what I believe is a temporary life and everyone out you can contact Dr Obodo @ (templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk +2348155425481) if you beleive miracles do happen

Heart felt wishes,

Many thanks
Annabelle

05/06/2014 at 12:30

Great guide for beginners!

-Martin

http://www.tfn.uk.com/

05/06/2016 at 22:57

Hi all, I've been reading posts on this forum for a while, but I'm just not exactly what I should be doing so just thought I'd ask one of you for advice!
I'm a 23 year old female and I'm very unfit, I mean I even start breathing heavier than normal when I run up the stairs! For the last couple of years, I've been working long hours in an office which made me very unfit (as I'd be sat down most of the time) and overweight (as I'd snack a lot which I'm now trying to cut down on). I really want to get into running (my goal is to be able to run 10k at some point) and I've joined the gym in January to start my couch to 5k programme. I've been doing it on a treadmill 3 times a week, and for the first couple of weeks it's been going great- it was challenging but I managed it. But when I got to week 4 (two repetitions of 3 minute run, 90seconds walk, 5 minutes fun and 2.5minute walk) I really struggled and been stuck on it since then. I have lowered the incline on my treadmill from 1 to 0.5 and been really trying to take it slowly, but only ever managed to complete it twice. I'm not sure if it's because I'm overweight and not flexible, but my lower legs get really tight and painful so I have to stop and get really frustrated. I've been trying to do some research on that, and the main things that come up are indeed running to fast too soon, and lack of flexibility, so I've been trying to work on both but with no improvements? I had to stop going to the gym last month as I cannot quite afford it, but I'm afraid to go running on the streets as I don't really know the area well enough. So I suppose my main questions are: what should I be doing? How do I get over the pain and tightness in my legs? How can I ensure I complete that week and move on? What are some good exercises to improve my flexibility and strength? Should I focus on building muscle/losing weight first or just keep on doing the runner programme?
I have been doing stretches before and after running, leg presses, sit ups and crouches for now. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.