ankle pain

3 messages
28/07/2012 at 17:40

new to running and training for half marathon in october. been running twice a week today my ankle started hurting on a run i havent twisted it but had to stop my run. it now hurts to walk on it why is this i. do all my stretches before and have good running shoes. Also october isnt faraway am currently doing 5miles am i going to be ready in time to do 13!

28/07/2012 at 23:19

The best thing to do is rest it for a few days and return to running when you can walk on it without pain (it will get worse if you run on it) - you've got enough time but make sure ankle gets a rest (cycle instead to maintain fitness)

when you start running again try walk/running (2min walk/2min run) and build up - no pain then focus your attention on the HM in october

Be patient, you'll be fine

Andy

myrunningtips.com

Edited: 28/07/2012 at 23:20
31/07/2012 at 21:41

thanks 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.