Any brand new runners out there?

7,001 to 7,020 of 7,344 messages
17/01/2008 at 15:07

Hi M and P ... yes .. did u say something about being in hospital last year because of gel drinks?????

you can see the sort of stuff I usually drink ....                               sounds nasty? 

17/01/2008 at 17:10
Made it through my four miles today !!!!!! If i can just add on another 9 - 10 miles to that i'll make my half in march.
Lucy i'm sure you wont be last, you seem to be building up the miles in training, you'll probably fly past the rest. Maybe you could hide your husbands shoes so he has to get some new ones and then the blisters he'll get will slow him down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (JOKING)
17/01/2008 at 19:12
I have set up an account on www.justgiving.com that allows people to sponser me in my half marathon. I am running on behalf of Disability Challengers if anyone has any spare pennies lying around.............. *hint,hint*

www.justgiving.com/naomicp
17/01/2008 at 21:25
was supposed to go for a 3 mile run this morning but due to me and my housemate watching 24 till 4 this morning that was a non starter, was also late for work, not good.

Seeing as I'm determined to stick to my schedule I've just been now,  wasn't very cold and I managed to stick, well just over my 12.36m per mile as per my plan.

So hurrah for that, now up to £910.82 sponsorship money which is fantastic.
18/01/2008 at 08:58

*runs into thread screaming*

I'm in the GNR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs out again panicking*

18/01/2008 at 09:58
Well done EB, good luck
18/01/2008 at 10:25

Thanks Andrew.I'll need al the luck i can get *wibble*

*wanders off muttering things to herself*

18/01/2008 at 11:02
YAY EB, your in!!!!! Better get those running shoes on
18/01/2008 at 13:16

aw well done EB!!!! me and Em didnt get in but we trying for general ballot and we can both do it through work if worse comes to worse coz our company always has loads of places in it! sp we'll all be there trembling on the start line!!

set a sponsorship page up hun so we can all donate!

naomi - i'll sponsor you for def but erm mind if i wait till payday? im now having to buy boots lunches with points to try and scrimp and save!!

it's friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

18/01/2008 at 13:52

I went for a brisk walk last night, 2.5 miles (according to fetch route planner) in 35 minutes.  As next week is the run/walk phase I decided that at the next lamppost I would run, at least until the lamppost after, I managed 4 and then was at home but felt good, apart from my man boobs bouncing.  My main worry is the way I look while running, good job it was dark   

Other good news is the fact I have lost 6 pounds in the 2 weeks I've been doing this 

18/01/2008 at 14:34

Well done EB like godders83 I didnt make it so it's the general ballot for me.

If that dosent work then it will have to be a charity place if there are any going.

18/01/2008 at 15:17

you go Andrew that's fab progress we all have to start somewhere god i remember when i first started and i thought i'm never going to be able to this running malarky but look at me now  Well done on the weight loss too.You could always try a sports bra for your man boobs

G and Em you better be there and good luck Kevin  Does anyone know if shawnus has got in?

Edited: 18/01/2008 at 15:32
18/01/2008 at 15:27
I didnt get in did get my garmin though, woot
18/01/2008 at 15:32
18/01/2008 at 15:46

hehe i'm sure the next ballot will be fine. be a shame to finally apply for a race and not get in!!

Garmin is bril, used it last night...i just wished it played music as well then I wouldnt need my mp3 anymore!! maybe on the forerunner 306??

I've run twice this week, tuesday lunchtime, in London, with someone else! that was...different. Welcome distraction even if it did slow me down a bit

18/01/2008 at 15:59

What garmin did you get shawn? Get sporttracks, the garmin training centre is awful.

EB, well done! Hopefully godders and the rest will get in oh and speaking of sponsorship

www.justgiving.com/martmarathon2008

Cheers!!!!

18/01/2008 at 16:11

305, on ebay woot. Although if anyone wants one I found a website that sells them at an ok price

www.gps4less.co.uk

I dont know what charity my workplace is supporting this year... maybe i should change companies...

18/01/2008 at 16:17

me and Em will be there - we both work for deloitte and they have loads of places in chairities if we dont get in via the general ballot! so dont worry EB - we all still racing round together!!

ooh skel im so jealous of ur garmin!! i want one sob!!!!

shall sponsor you as well mart when pay comes!!

18/01/2008 at 17:41

Skellie so does that mean i'm still on to whoop your ass  I have an internal mp3 player it's cool always plays the songs i want it to  I'm just not even going to comment about that other thingymajiggy gizzmoy whatchacallit you've got

Thanks Mart will sponsor you when pennies allow me  this 'after christmas' has hit me hard  this year

G me you and Em will wallop skellie NO PROBLEMO!!!! i'm actually starting to look forward to this now  How is Em doing haven't heard from her for ages.

Thanks Naomi as well will sponsor you too same as Mart.

Think i may have a look at smartcoach for a training programme see dedication already  

18/01/2008 at 18:42

woohoo for EB - no excuses now girl, so good to see you getting excited about running again

Boohoo for you others  -  you'll all get in one way or another though

I'm not even entering the ballot - here's why  ---------->  kwala's poorly ankle

Lots of techie lingo in there, but the long and short of it is NO RUNNING for a LOOOOOOOOONG time

Ditto for me re the sponsorship - I get paid early in December, so January is a very long month, remind me at the end of the month and I'll sponsor everyone! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.