Any new runners in Crowborough?

WLTM!

4 messages
24/04/2011 at 19:00
hey,

I've been running for about 4-5 months now, it's going quite well but I could do with some more motivation by having a running friend!
Anyone live in the crowborough area of east Sussex?
I'm a 27 yr old female and can usually be seen panting my way up and down crowborough hill at about 6pm!
24/04/2011 at 19:43

I've recently moved from near you but Crowborough Runners is a very friendly club and not everyone is a racing snake or super-competitive there.....I would try meeting up with them. I still belong to Heathfield Road Runners as I'm not so far away but they're also very friendly.

Most clubs will allow you to go along for a while before committing to joining too.

24/04/2011 at 21:18

I used to run with Crowborough Runners when I lived nearer that way - Pembury  now.  They're a really great bunch and what I found really really good about them is they will NEVER leave a slower runner on thier own.  They've got a running track at the leisure centre so do you can do some track work if you fancy it.  I think the main meeting is on Wednesday nights and they often meet for weekend runs too and join in other races.  A really lovely bunch of people.

They meet in the leisure centre on the hill.

02/08/2012 at 14:01

Hi Chloe,

I have just started running again in Crowborough and am down to do the Beachy Head marathon a the end of October.

I am down on Western Road but as I don't get home till 7ish during the week I tend to start my run around 5am weekdays and 6am on a Saturday so I am back home by the time my girls have had breakfast.

If I do got out in the evening it tends to be 8:30ish before I get round to starting.

You're welcome to join me if you fancy an early morning run! (I'm a 37 year-old male).

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.