Back from injury!!

December 2011 i fractured my spine in 6 places. Hoping to do GNR this year!!

1 message
21/01/2013 at 19:03

Nice to meet you all. Thought i'd let you all know a bit about me.

When I was 17 i took part in my first half marathon (great north run) without much training (just a 5k here and there) I had such an amazing time and finished in a relatively poor 2:19:26.
I've always been quite skinny but on th 5th December 2011 at the age of 20 i had a motorbike accident where i sustained 6 spinal fractures. In the past year i've been at the gym just strengthening myself back up and now i am up to about 12 stone.

Last week i registered myself to be in the ballot for the GNR 2013 raising money for The Notts/ Lincs air ambulance who probably saved me from paralysis that day.

After that at the gym i did my first 5k in around 30 mins on the treadmill. I am mentally prepared to give it everything and be fully prepared to complete a half marathon in under 2 hours.

Any training advice would be very much appreciated and i will update my progress throughout training for anybody interested.

(Sorry for any bad english, slightly rushed.)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.