Been poorly and now frustrated

2 messages
19/06/2012 at 18:55
Hi I've not managed to follow my couch to 5k plan for two weeks due to having a cold and chesty cough. Prior to that I'd been really pleased to achieve 5 weeks worth of training. Trying to go back to where I left off today I failed dismally, ended up with severe stitch and a poorly leg and had to walk the majority of the route. How many weeks should I rewind my plan by (I.e should I go back to week 3 of training). What do I do to overcome the stitch? Don't want to give up and very determined to do this but help please.
19/06/2012 at 18:59

hi

go back to where you feel you could comfortably pick up - try week 3 but if that feels too hard go to week 2. Don't feel that you have gone backwards - being ill for 2 weeks can take it out of you and you need to start back slowly

stitch - I have never had trouble with it, but maybe you need to go slowly. had you eaten or drunk anything different?

Also, it is a lot warmer today than it was 2 weeks ago (where I live anyway) and it is always harder in the heat, I struggled this afternoon

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.