Begginer wanting some advice

3 messages
03/08/2013 at 13:26

Hi new to forums, and basically just wanted some pointers or tips specific to me.

First off i'll describe my circumstances, i'm a 23 yo male and have just started taking steps to stop smoking. I am currently running 5k in 26.31, the route i (and a couple of running buddies) take varies in terrain i.e sand,grass,gravel,slopes,steps and pavements. We do this 3-4 times a week mixed with weights on leg rest days, also run with running club on a monday (just started). Would just like some advice on how to better my time,am i doing it right, what i need to improve etc. 

Anything would be gratful.

Thanks in advance.

John

cougie    pirate
03/08/2013 at 15:44
Take most of your runs steady. Don't race them all.
Once a week start to gradually extend the length of a run.

If you want to race parkrun is a free 5k race that a lot of places have on a Saturday morning and you can test yourselves there.

Or just ask at the running club ?
03/08/2013 at 16:57

I find interval training does the job for me, combined with tempo runs and long runs (mix things up in other words

Andy

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.