Beginner just run first 5km

2 messages
02/02/2013 at 20:27
I currently go to gym 3-4 times a week to do weight training, but since a new park run had just started near me I'd like to get into 5mk running. I run it today with no running training in 34.40 how can I get this down and fit this tommy schedule , what's the best training for this. I know nothing about running Thanks
02/02/2013 at 22:19

if you can already run for at least half an hour and complete 5k  then you're off to a good start. try running outside, its a bit different to on a treadmill, i prefer it. 

there are lots of tips on the training forum and programmes and tips to help improve your time. 

does your gym have running club, or a local club near you that you could join? , regular running in the week will help improve your fitness and condition your body so that your tendons and joints etc become used to a different activity and strain on them, 

i hope you enjoy your first parkrun  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.