Beginner Runners in Slough Area?

1 message
06/10/2002 at 02:24
:0) Hi,

I've recently started running again, after a break of 15 yrs, and somehow managed to complete the Run London 10K run in Richmond Park in 54 mins. Don't ask me how I managed it in that time, considering my running style is more akin to a fast(ish) waddle than actual running!!

Anyway, in a moment of total (in)sanity, I've entered for a place in the London Marathon & I'm in the process of training. Hopefully I'll get a place, but don't want to leave it 'til December to start training, should I be accepted (if I don't get a place, there's always Berlin & Paris in April as well....or at least I think so!!)

After all that, what I'm wanting to say is this.....as much as I like running on my own, it would be nice to have a running partner, who lives in the Slough/Windsor/Reading/West London area....so, if there's anyone out there, that would be interested in running/waddling with a unfit 28 yr old bloke, let me know!!

Cheers,
Bookedwormuk

P.S. What are my chances of becoming a novelist after that post?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.