Beginner to doing a 5km run in 40 mins is that slow

21 to 22 of 22 messages
16/08/2014 at 10:45
CHRISIPOOS wrote (see)

I am a 44 yr old 16 stone bodybuilder, 5 ft 9 with thighs the size of tree trunks and very pleased with my average times of between 28-29 mins on my Saturday morning 5 k parcruns. I come near the back and smile to myself when all those stick insects fly past me and I wonder if they could bench 140 k in the gym like me. 

I'm a bodybuilder like you, Chris. But I must admit I get very jealous when I see those fast runners with those lean bodies., I'm a bit of a lump, big thighs and arms, and I basically only do bodybuilding because I am compensating for my small penis. I wish I was a better runner, but I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with lifting lumps of heavy metal repeatedly! Still, I don't half fancy myself in a mirror.

17/08/2014 at 15:14
Alison McDonald2 wrote (see)

I shall be doing my first ever 5k parkrun tomorrow.  My PT reckons I should be able to complete it 40 minutes.  Wish me luck!

I came in at 31.32   V.pleased! My goal next week is to beat 30mins...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.