Beginner using Nike+

A beginners experience of Nike+

5 messages
06/09/2012 at 15:30

Hi All,

This is my first posting, so treat me gently. I have just started running for the first time and I am really beginning to enjoy it. I have been actively running for 6 months but only really traking my progress in the last three months having discovered the Nike+ site.

I am getting near to doing my first 10K (6.2miles) - so making good progress I hope. I am in that post 50 range of years

For those interested here is my run from today:go.nike.com/2d1c3e1 (using Nike+'s brand new feature!)

Cheers,

Chris

06/09/2012 at 20:17

Hi Chris

I am using the same app for recording my run stats. I really like the website as it gives me all the numbers I am interested in and sometimes I get little awards for my achievements.  The site is still under construction and some features are not active such as setting yourself a challenge e.g. run 3 times a week or run under a certain pace for X number of runs, but it did help me in the past to motivate myself and strive towards a goal. In terms of accuracy, I am not at all convinced this device is a 100% accurate but I guess if you are a recreational runner, it will just do fine. 

Keep up the great work!

06/09/2012 at 22:49

l stopped using the nike+ website about 9 months ago when it CONSTANTLY refused to allow me to sign in despite me entering my login details correctly.

Has this been repaired now? As it did seem to be a good website on the few occassions it did let me in.

07/09/2012 at 07:18

I must say that I have not had any issues with signing-in or logging-on for about 6 months, although recently (last week or so) I have had a few issues but I notice that there has been Downtime/Outage announcements for 4th Sep & 12th Sep. I guess they have to do maintenance sometime. They also recently upgraded the Running App that I use so I guess they are making changes to accommodate that too.

All in all though, I like the simplicity of the site, the amount of information it aggregates for me and the litttle rewards etc. mentioned above - they are motivational for sure. All I have to do is press RUN and then STOP the workout at the end, oh and RUN inbetween of course!

07/09/2012 at 08:26

any advice! 

http://www.forexbrokercomparison.info/kv.gif

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.