Beginners doing New York Marathon

4 messages
27/09/2012 at 11:57

Hi,

I'm doing my first ever marathon in just over a month in New York and am trying desperately not to freak out at the enormity or what I've taken on. Are there any other beginners in central London who are doing it too and wanted a running partner? I must confess however to being a pretty slow runner...

Veronica

23/10/2012 at 21:55

Hi Veronica,

I'm travelling from Devon to do the NY this year - I did the London Marathon last year, so I have an idea what to expect. You're probably finding it quite hard to imagine yourself actually getting through the race but you will. Adrenaline and sheer determination will get you there. You've got to believe you can do it!

Good luck!

Lorraine  

24/10/2012 at 01:35

Im not running it Veronica but I just wanted to say good luck - one day I hope to be running the same course. Lorraine is right - you WILL do it and you WILL love it....

Good luck to you both

25/10/2012 at 09:13

Take warm clothing. It's an incredible amount of sitting around waiting. Last year when i arrived in NY it was snowing, thankfully not so cold on race day. But it's a very early start and there's lots of hanging about, so be prepared with lots of chuckable clothing. Enjoy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.