Beginners

4 messages
20/04/2003 at 09:54
My wife and I are 42 and have decided to take up running primarily to get fit and healthy but also to try and do a marathon possibly the London in 2004. We are overweight. What type of training or programme should we stick too?
20/04/2003 at 09:58
Welcome to this addictive forum
Im 3 stone overweight, and ive done 2 marathons!(im 37)

I would start with a run /walk programme
Have a look at this site, lots of good ideas
You could do 1 min walk, 1 min run,for 10 mins to start, and build up gradually from there on
Dont run every day to start, 3 times a week should be plenty till you get used to it
good luck!
20/04/2003 at 10:57
I can recommend the training I'm doing for the Race for Life. It's devised by Runner's World. If you go to http://www.raceforlife.org/training/index.cfm you can download the training schedule. It's a good place to start.

Good luck
20/04/2003 at 11:08
Go to the thread 'Wanted Absolute Beginners' about 3 pages back and put your names forward!

If not, the above info is good, just make your run very slow to begin with, or a minute will feel like eternity if you are not fit!

Good luck & enjoy!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.