Best Run Ever

6 messages
30/08/2005 at 18:26
Just had to post this as I'm coming back to running proper after 8 months (and a stone and a half weight gain!) of being lazy - hope to lose the weight by Christmas.

Anyhow, on Saturday August 6th I was feeling incredibly stressed. The culmination of the last five months of moving house, looking for a new job and organising a wedding had finally got to me. I had 3 options - chocolate (lots!) cigarette (no no no!) or a run.

I went for a run in an area completely unknown to me running wise, and soon found myself running down a bridleway. I just leant forward and trusted that my feet would keep up, and they did! I had to wave my arms around like a loony though!

Then something occured to me. I was feeling really, really happy. To express this happiness I let out a shout of joy, much to the suprise of a farmer in the next field. I ran for 20 mins, then turned round and headed back to the hotel.

2 1/2 hours later I was married to the most beautiful woman in the world!

Just thought I'd share.
30/08/2005 at 18:33
Awww, lovely story.

Congratulations on the run.

(And the marriage too of course :O)))
30/08/2005 at 21:08
Running can indeed make one very happy, shame about the marriage though...another lamb to the slaughter.

Only yoking! Congrats on both camps. I think I might do a bit of a yoddle or sommat when I'm out running tomorrow if I'm feeling happy! ;-)
31/08/2005 at 12:50
That's lovely, many congratulations
31/08/2005 at 13:48
Great story, congratulations to you and of course to Mrs Chubby Bloke!
01/09/2005 at 18:37
Awww - what a nice story!

When I'm out running and it's all going well, I sometimes feel like letting rip with the odd "Wooo hooo!".

But then I remind myself I'm not an American, to pull myself together and I tuck my chin back down into my neck and keep on grimly plodding.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.