Bored with the lounge...

21 to 23 of 23 messages
02/09/2003 at 22:56
have you run outside?
03/09/2003 at 15:06
Hi, Plodfather.

Yep, those 0-30mins beginners' schedules work. Took me ten weeks (I repeated a couple of weeks when I struggled a bit) and the first time I ran non-stop for 30 mins was a wonderful feeling. Can now tackle 10k runs (slowly!) and have recently joined my local running club (plodders' section).

There's no secret or mystique about it ... but you MUST stick to the schedule. I really did follow it to the letter. Motivation tends to come and go and I sometimes had to force myself out for a plod. But if you really want to succeed, you'll do it.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.
JGC
03/09/2003 at 21:38
Hips - I don't plan (at the moment anyway) to do any races. However, should I find that I am able to run for long times/distances on the treadie I might have a try at the great outdoors. However, winter is coming and I am always cold so maybe next summer.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.