Breakfast

3 messages
DMC
08/04/2003 at 09:24
On my first read through this months Runner's World I am sure I read that you shouldn't eat high fibre foods for breakfast before a run .... I have read the magazine three times cover to cover to try and find this little piece of information again and can't .... but I am sure I read it the first time .. at least i think I did. Anyway this is of a concern as i eat All Bran before I run. Why is this so bad?
08/04/2003 at 14:49
If you eat fibre before running, especially if you are not used to it, your body is likely to want to make a 'motion' once it starts being shaken up by the movement of jogging.
Can be a bit embarrassing having to dive into the fields to 'go' half way through a run - although at least now spring is here and the hedges are at last thickening up again.
DMC
08/04/2003 at 17:46
Oh I see, so as long as I know my body's movements then the fibre is ok.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.