cant get off the treadmill

21 to 26 of 26 messages
05/08/2004 at 16:52
that sounds like a good solution for me - use the treadmill and then outside at the weekend - do you still run fast on the treadmill or limit your speed?
ip(FeS2)    pirate
05/08/2004 at 17:04
Just a thought.- Do you have the treadmill at a 1% incline? Apparently this makes it more "equivalent" to running outside...
05/08/2004 at 17:05
I run at a speed of 8 (you know what I mean?) and a gradient of 1%. I am on the interval training so I run 3 mins at the mo. and walk one minute x

When I run outside it is so much harder so I run really slow and steady x

If you want to train more for outside I would recommend leg strengthening excersises in the gym a couple of times a week and hill training. Also Cross training x

Hope that helps x
05/08/2004 at 17:13
l p - i have just started running at the 1% incline and it is definitely different now although i do tend to use the random program anyway
f p - i am running at 8 too but on the treadmill i just keep going so sometimes i can run for 40 mins, othertimes 10 and ive had it...maybe i should do the run/walk on both the treadmill and the road
05/08/2004 at 17:22
Definately a good idea.

The interval training (run/walk) buids your endurance and stamina. If you can run for 10 mins sometimes, I would probably say start at run eights mins and walk two mins, three times over, for 3 or four times a week. Two sessions in the gym and two outside.

Then go in to run 10 walk 2, then run 12 etc. Soon you should be able to run for 1/2 hour or more non-stop. Good luck, you are doing better than me already. I am only on run 3 walk one.

FP x
05/08/2004 at 17:24
ok sounds perfect!! thank you...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.