Charity races overseas

5 messages
03/10/2002 at 10:39
There's a guy (name forgotten hence the question - think it's terry something but not totally sure I'm not thinking of Terry Prachett the author although don't know why) who I think had cancer and was Australian. There are runs around the world which are held in his memory (bearing his name) and basically I want to know what his name is so I can find out when the Shanghai race is. Can anyone help a woman who finds it impossible to write a simple question?
03/10/2002 at 10:42
Sara the guy was called Terry Fox and I think he was Canadian, I have vague memories of him trying to run across Canada on one leg (or something like that)
03/10/2002 at 10:45
Thanks! I was only a few thousand miles and the wrong illness out!
Will now look him up and then see about the race
Sara
03/10/2002 at 11:13
Just in case it's of interest - on a different, but related tack.

There is a Sri Lankan marathon (I've lost the web site address but can find it if it's useful) which I know Hope for Children would be happy to support you in as a lot of their work is in Sri Lanka - expanding further since the ceasefire. (They also have contacts in Hong Kong who might be able to facilitate things if you were interested.)
03/10/2002 at 22:16
I went to Nice a couple of years ago in October and saw a man wearing a Nice 10k T-shirt. Anyone have an idea when this race is run, as I would not mind a run on the french coastline?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.