Chop my legs off

34" inside leg

1 to 20 of 26 messages
20/05/2006 at 10:24
Morning everyone..........am feeling like a freak! As you know my running is Gonna Start Anyday Now! SO.........I went into Sports & Ski/soccer (yahboo to Borehamwood), to find some joggers. They have a sale - starting at £3.49 upwards - great, just my kinda budget.
Oh dear, all I asked was "do they have a pair of long ones, pref 34" inside leg. THREE assistants looked at me blankly and mumbled, dont know, not sure, 'ladies ones' are upstairs! Grrrrrr....asked again - "Is there a particular make, maybe, that are known to be longer than average"?.........More vague mutterings and "We dont know". Five minutes 'customer service' continued with not an ounce of anything useful followed. Steam gradually whistling out of my ears, I say, "doesnt anyone here know ANYTHING about the products you are selling??????" Was again suggested I try the 'ladeees' section upstairs (to get rid of me), so I said, even less point looking there cos there'll be even shorter!
Proof, once again, in public of course, that I AM a freak! PLEEEEEASE someone tell me where/what make joggers I can get that will actually touch somewhere near my ankles if the moons in the north-east,with Uranus pending and Jupiter rising (& maybe a chill wind coming from t'Baltics?????
20/05/2006 at 10:38
I can sympathise. I have a 34.5 inch inside leg (usual comments to follow)and have difficulty getting gear that is less than a 40" waist. How you long-legged ladies manage to find anything is beyond me. Large size running tights are tight and may be suitable.

Please don't moon in the north-east. It frightens the Tynesiders.
JJ
20/05/2006 at 10:40
Mens tights arent that different to wimmins minihoney
Might be woth a go
20/05/2006 at 10:42
Hello and thank you. Nice to know I'm not the only one! Hmmmm.....not sure I should unleash myself in running tights! I am slim so need 30" max, and preferably something more camouflaging so I dont scare people. Ps; thought you guys up there were tough!!!!!!!!
20/05/2006 at 10:44
I am tough. I'm from darkest Kent so you can moon in the south-east all you want.
:-))
JJ
20/05/2006 at 10:44
Hi plod, am worried that I'll look like a stretched out Max Wall - VERY scary. Am self conscious enough already, will only be running in the dark! Late. Very late! Wearing black. Sponges glued to trainers.
20/05/2006 at 10:49
or go early in the morning
20/05/2006 at 10:52
?????????????? in d d d d dd dd ddd daylight?????????????? <<<<hides under the bed>>>>>>
20/05/2006 at 10:53
really, theres noone about early am
and anyone you do meet is half aslleep
20/05/2006 at 12:42
besides....the 6 inches of bare ankle sticking out from the bottom of your running trousers will distract them from anything else :-)

Actually - PH's right...no one is around first thing, let alone cares about some runner!

Go on, give it a go!
Duck Girl    pirate
20/05/2006 at 13:37
Concurve are good for long-legged types.
20/05/2006 at 15:16
Minihoney - have you tried Long Tall Sally?

http://www.longtallsally.com/

I buy jeans from them with 34" inside legs (they also do 36") - haven't bought their sports gear so don't know how good it is -but might be worth a look
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
20/05/2006 at 15:31
<<sigh>>

(from someone with a 28" inside leg)

I look like Norah Batty gone wrong in running tights!

and unless trousers are straight legged it's a bit of a b*gger to try and shorten them!

3/4 trousers are long on me!
20/05/2006 at 15:37
I'm the opposite too - 31" legs on a bloke. And big chunky legs to boot.
I used to run with a friend who was tall and skinny - we wore the same size tracksters - mine were lycra tight too long; his were baggy and too short!

Duck girl - funny you say that about Concurve as I was going to say they were good for short-legged people! Weird!
20/05/2006 at 16:29
Pantman
If I pace you round your next 10 miler we'll look like you and your friend.

Btw, if you think you're encouraging me to look at your legs you're wrong.
JJ
20/05/2006 at 17:41
Sugoi do long legged tights. I think I found them on girlsruntoo.
20/05/2006 at 17:50
Why not wear capri length?

I'm with CdK - wee short legs, my running tights form wrinkles round my ankles and I spend a fortune on having trousers shortened. I dream about having long slim legs instead of my little chubsters.

AND I have short arms too - all my tops have to have the cuffs turned back.
20/05/2006 at 18:11
JJ - Ditto

I'm forever folding the loose bits up at the bottom of my run tights.
20/05/2006 at 18:37
I have the opposite problem. If I use the foot loops on the bottom of my tracksters there's only one thing that stops the waist being pulled down round my knees.
JJ
21/05/2006 at 14:26
Rhonisch, I think I spelt that right do sports trousers at 34 & 36 inch inside leg. I got some from Girls Run Too on the web. They aren't running trousers though, I wear them for work, and I have 34 inside leg. I also find men's running tights I have nike at the moment, are great.

Capri pants are also good, M&S view from stop just below the knee for me, and they look like they were made that way! Long Tall Sally do one style of gym pant, not tried them yet. I bought 2 pairs of cottony type gym trousers for work from there last year 36 inside leg, and both shrank.......one of them to just 32 inside leg, bit rubbish really. LTS are just too expensive.

You're not a freak by the way, it's just the rest of the world who are midgets :0)
1 to 20 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.