Couch to 5k, here I go!

A diary tracking my progress through a 6-week 5k schedule

21 to 27 of 27 messages
24/07/2012 at 22:31

Ha, thats ridiculous! How does the nhs get away with saying that?!

25/07/2012 at 15:45
Surrey Runner wrote (see)

Hi Jo,

The NHS recommends heel striking and wearing cotton.  So you will end up overheating and get dodgy knees...

Seriously?

26/07/2012 at 10:59

I was up and running by half 8 again this morning in order to avoid the heat. I am feeling unmotivated today. I didn't run as well as the other day. I was slower and it felt harder. I don't know why, nothing was different. I guess I just have to chalk this one up to experience....

26/07/2012 at 11:37

Good luck Jo! I did that plan and used to think I was going to pass out running two minutes continuously, but it definitely gets easier, so stick at it

29/07/2012 at 22:26

Went on my first run in the rain this morning. I surprised myself by actually enjoying it. I also underestimated how many people would be out and about in the park considering the weather- I was expecting a nice solitary run but I was mistaken! The run went much better than the previous one, which was unexpected due to the increase in running time but it was quite comfortable. My pace is still pretty slow but I figure its best to focus on increasing fitness and length of time I can run for first and before concentrating on speed - do we think this is a good strategy? Week 2 is completed and I am pleased with my progress so far

30/07/2012 at 17:27

Well done Jo

Completed Wk2 Day1 this morning, was pleased with myself especially as I felt like I was going to die during Wk1.

I am also very slow, but that could be down to being 50 and fat . In fact I'm that slow I think I was passed by a couple of Tortoises and a snail  this morning

Andy

30/07/2012 at 20:04

Road runner/Jo

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/C25K-tips-for-new-runners.aspx

Unfortuneately yes, their advisor is an administrator at a YMCA.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.