Cross Trainer?

9 messages
01/09/2005 at 08:29
Ok have been running now for about 2 weeks outside and am tempted to give up my gym membership and just concentrate on running. But I would like to get a piece of equipment to use at home on "rest" days and also as a warm-up, cool-down thing. Is a cross trainer a good thing for this purpose or not? Where is the best place to get one???

Thanks
Catherine
Mrs Viking    pirate
01/09/2005 at 09:05
I got a All terrain bike, best cross trainer ever!!

I did buy a cross trainer once but I soon got bored of it and sold it.
01/09/2005 at 09:59
Hi Catherine, just want to chip in, I am new to running, have done a couple of treadmill runs and two outside which has already got me considering quitting the gym too. I'd like to invest in a bike for my rest days but I like the idea of a cross-trainer so I'll be watching this thread for opinions...
01/09/2005 at 11:57
got the cross trainer when i first started out, ideal for winter months when weather bad but hardly gets used during summer,i just want to get out there and run and run and run.
01/09/2005 at 12:26
Doing some cross training is an excellent idea. Running puts a lots of stress on your legs and cross training will reduce the likelihood of injury while helping to maintain your fitness. I would recommend a bike over any piece of gym equipment. I was unable to run for a few weeks this year and put loads of extra miles on my bike. It's much more enjoyable than pounding away on a machine and you can always plan a ride to include a stop for refreshments (now, where did I put my Good Pub Guide?)
01/09/2005 at 12:35
Cross-training - you don't need extra equipment. Get into a swimming cossie and go swimming... and get a bike and go cycling. Both are excellent for CV fitness and both are brilliant for resting the joints from running. Also... extra equipment at home - simply makes a nice clothes horse!

Mister W -- no mail for me this morning..? Slacker!!! Oh and planning rides huh..? :-D
06/12/2012 at 12:44

Yes its ok and you can buy it from gymcompanyusa.com...

they have wide ranges of equipment available with them

06/12/2012 at 22:10
Thanks Roger - I have been looking for a cross trainer for 7 years and at last you come along. www.jimcompanyusa.com it is then.
07/12/2012 at 20:52

I bought an Exercise Bike from Amazon, called 'F-Bike'.  It folds up really small and does a really good job.  Two issues with it though: first off, the seat is awful: get some sort of Gel seat cover for it, and it has no wheels - so you either have to lift it completely off the ground, or drag it which isn't the best thing for carpet.  It's currently £78 or so.

Since the past week or so, I've been doing HIIT on it, which I hope will speed some results along before too long.  With all the training I do, and the sweeping changes I've made to my diet, God knows I deserve some results...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.