Destiny Plodding

Monday chat with James

41 to 45 of 45 messages
20/10/2008 at 21:55

I'm a harrassed headmistress in one of the eisteddfod pieces - I've been perfecting my fainting with horror at the behaviour of my pupils during the visit of Charles and Camilla!!

Christmas concert is in Cardiff (one of our old members is the vicar of the church where we're singing). Easter concert is in St David's Cathedral  - Dvorak's Stabat Mater.

I love the 5 Mystical Songs - sang them with another choir years ago.

yeo
20/10/2008 at 22:11

that sounds great fun

I don't think I know the Stabat Mater but I love Dvorak - and it will be great to sing in the Cathedral

yes I did the 5MS years ago but don't really remember the solo part. I'm doing Love Bade Me Welcome in November, which is beautiful but difficult

yeo
20/10/2008 at 22:52
g'night x
20/10/2008 at 23:45

My new choir is very different.... last year it was 100 Hampshire Ladies and Orlando Gibbons,
now it's half a dozen homeless people and Ben E King.

Both good fun in different ways...

20/10/2008 at 23:47
Sorry to hear about Bobb's problems with her old bag.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.