Disabled and desperate

Over 50, Overweight, Life feels over

881 to 888 of 888 messages
25/01/2009 at 00:18

.. I must have felt the vibes of you posting .. came in just 5 minutes behind you .. allowing for the one hour time difference of course  

I don't think I explained my 'helping with the letting' part very well .. I am going to be helping revise the actual 'paperwork process' of searching for and being selected for a flat .. I wouldn't be allowed to help folks personally .. but if we can make the process better .. that will help folks and their families ..

Edited: 25/01/2009 at 00:24
25/01/2009 at 10:33

Oooh, telepathy. I love it. I have it with one or two of my closest friends, always startles me but it's nice.

I think the paperwork is often the most daunting part of a move, especially for people who may feel hesitant about their dealings with authority, often from having been in a vulnerable position for some time. They can be terrified of making a mistake because for them the consequences can be so serious. So I STILL say: involving you is a briliant idea.

And by the way: one of the reasons you have the determination and energy to do all this is because even if the fibro keeps you off the road now, in your heart you're still a runner! Don't forget that, you earned that honourable title!

26/01/2009 at 12:34

Been thinking about the new thread title ... how about ...

"New lifestyle  - Feeling good - Moving on"

26/01/2009 at 19:33

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Love it, and so much more suitable for who you are now!!!!

26/01/2009 at 19:34
In your first post under your new title you had better give a little summary for newcomers )))))
26/01/2009 at 21:37

Right ,, have to work on a precis of 'the struggle' .. and make links from old to new .. and new to old

Just need to think about it a bit more

27/01/2009 at 07:46

<waits eagerly, scanning the Beginners Forum for snappy new thread>

Go for it, Patootie!

27/01/2009 at 11:46

I am bidding farewell to this thread ... it all started out as a pathetic cry for help .. but so much has changed for me over the last year that I am no longer the same .. 'sad and desperate' person ... I am cheerful .. motivated .. and 'moving on' in life ...

So the time has come to start a new thread ...

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=135974&last=1&V=6&SP=

"New lifestyle  - Feeling good - Moving on"

I hope you will come with me on my journey to better things .. and who knows what's going to happen next ...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
881 to 888 of 888 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.