Disabled and desperate

Over 50, Overweight, Life feels over

141 to 160 of 885 messages
15/01/2008 at 12:21
i'd buy it!
15/01/2008 at 12:39
Hi Patootie I've not seen this thread for a while, and am glad to hear you are more positive - the double wobbleator story made me laugh - sound like great fun 
15/01/2008 at 13:20

Giggles .. how about 'Me and my Wobbler' ..

I'd be interested in the trial tweetyateallthepies .. 

hang on I'll go and have a bit of a google  .. ohh lorrrs just came across a dozen sites saying .. "fibromyalgia gone in days" .. honestly if that were true I would have got rid of my fibro 14 years ago .. it does make me cross as it gives false hope to thousands of folks newly diagnosed ..

Hmmm ... but what's this  ..  just come across a really interesting 'new' fibro site .. bookmarked it and will go back to read more .. it basically says that the C1 vertebrae is compromised .. and this causes many or all of the symptoms .. yes I can understand that .. and just a short while before 'really' getting ill with this syndrome a car I was in had a high speed rear end shunt .. from which I had mild (but recurring with problems) whiplash ..

Good grief .. just scanning down the pages .. "Fibromyalgia sufferers have one of the highest suicide rates" .. hmm well it won't claim me thank you very much ..

I think the phone number is a mobile number isn't it .. I'll look it up and see when the cheapest time to ring is .. many thanks tweetyateallthepies .. thank you for thinking of me .. it's very much appreciated ..

15/01/2008 at 13:50
it is a mobile number patootie.  they often have things like that in the london papers because there are a lot of large hospitals in london doing research.  not often i see something relevant to someone i know.  i work at a london hospital and there are often things in the papers about our research which give some of our patients (and others that have never been to see us) false hope because the journo that writes it up inflates the whole thing to make it sound like the new miracle cure the world has been looking for.
19/01/2008 at 20:53
Pheweee .. some rotten person  flung a virus at me when I popped out to the post office on Tuesday afternoon .. proper laid me low it did .. thankfully not the Norovirus though .. but I did have bright red cheeks forehead and chin for about 2 days .. then slept the clock round yesterday .. just getting back to 'normal' now ..
21/01/2008 at 14:30
That wasn't very nice of them - hope you feel better now
23/01/2008 at 17:23
hope you are feeling better patootie - i am just recovering from a hell of a migraine.  hope you are enjoying the wobbleator.
28/01/2008 at 11:17
hiya patootie.  hope you're doing ok.
28/01/2008 at 19:17

My story is similar to the very first one posted on this thread.

Told I had a few weeks to live after spending nearly a year in the Marsden Hospital, with tumours in the liver, brain and skin.Hated running, swimming, netball anything really, but having found myself still alive after a year thought I would face one of my fears and do something fitness.

That was ten years ago. Now I find myself with a place in the FLM. Great BUT I can only walk, fairly fast but 26 miles walking I am worried about being pucked up by the 'slow wagon'. How much time is allowed to finish, even for the extremly slow?

Thanks

Can't think of a name that describes just how slow I am (Sue) 

28/01/2008 at 20:17

Well, Sue, the official Australian tour guide that ships Aussies up to do FLM says:

CUT-OFF TIMES
There are no cut-off times for the Flora London Marathon.

They should know! So it's just a little matter of making sure you can walk 26 miles, without worrying about how fast  ;-))

Patootie, it's been a couple of weeks since I was on the thread, and it's just remarkable to see the courage and determination your'e showing, AND how they're paying off. You are already starting to think of yourself as an athlete-in-training again, which you are. The Double-Wobbleator-Event must have been really great--and it's great that it made you laugh! You're entitled to some violins for sure, but I guess it probably makes you feel better when you have the upbeat jazzy playing in your head instead.

I'm just a bit worried because it's been a while since you've posted. Hope it's not a sign that you've been going through a rough time---but even if you have, come back in and tell us about it when you feel up to it.  We'll be here waiting!

(((((((((Patootie))))))) 

28/01/2008 at 20:23

sue

realistically eight hours

where are you patootie

28/01/2008 at 21:24

A guy I know who is partially sighted an disabled took ten and a half hours. He was guided by his mother, but I don't think there was anyone there to present the medal at the end, he had to apply to FLM to get it.

Edited: 28/01/2008 at 21:25
29/01/2008 at 10:33

Well done Sue!

There's no cut off, so don't worry about that. I think Lyndylou's right about the medal but if you do finish in around 8 hours I'm pretty sure there will stiil be people handing them out. Concentrate on getting as much walking in as you can beforehand and just go out and have a brilliant time    

Let us know how you are doing Patootie, we're thinking of you hun 

29/01/2008 at 14:10
that lloyd scott fella took eight days once. (btw, if they let him do it, let mick'n'phil do it!)
29/01/2008 at 14:53

yes but I don't think Mick n Phill will be slow!

Colin

Stump    pirate
29/01/2008 at 14:56
Patootie, how are you?
29/01/2008 at 16:15

Hi

Thanks everyone for your input. It has helped to stir me on and aim for around 8-10hrs with a following wind.

Sue (Painfully Slow)

29/01/2008 at 19:16

Good on ya, Sue! You'll make it fine.

Patootie, we're all thinking of you!!

((((((((Patootie)))))))

30/01/2008 at 12:46

colin - mick'n'phil will definitely NOT be that slow!  they would whizz past everyone!

sue, you will love it.  have a great time.  don't worry about what time you finish in.  as someone pointed out to me last year, you all get exactly the same medal, whether you finish in 3 hours or 8 hours.

((patootie)) hope you're ok.  i thought of you at my appointment at the migraine clinic yesterday.  there were some newspaper cuttings about migraine in the reception and in one of the articles was a bit about acupuncture for fibromyalgia which some patients found particularly beneficial.  maybe it's something you could try if you are able to.

30/01/2008 at 14:08

patootie..... where are you, the formumites want to know...

I hope there is not a problem?

Colin

141 to 160 of 885 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.