do you have to do toning exercise, or will running alone tone you

4 messages
01/05/2014 at 22:07

i enjoy running but i hate with a passion doing weights or toning exercises. i went to an exercise class today and i was yawning my head off i was so bored, i dont have the patience for it. 

i want to increase my running, and say if i was running 6 miles 5 times a week or more, and i lost weight, would i look toned?

01/05/2014 at 22:24

More toned yes, great for toning arms and legs, and can feel tummy muscles but it won't give you a six pack  to tone your core you probably need to do something else. Depends on your fat content really. 

Edited: 01/05/2014 at 22:25
01/05/2014 at 22:26

I never got toned arms from running, but it takes less than 15 minutes a week to do some push-ups

02/05/2014 at 13:58

If you have it in your mind that the gym stuff contributes to better running - particularly strength and stamina wise - you might look at it differently.  Dont go into the gym half heartedly - always have a plan in your head as to what you are going to do.  Making it structured means you might enjoy it more - I hope!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.