doubt sets in

7 messages
15/05/2003 at 19:04
Never free of doubt or guilt for long! Thanks to lots of advice from hereabouts I seem to have got the hang of this running. Not that I'm doing marathons, I'm just thinking that I might manage a whole 5k quite soon. The breakthrough came when I managed to achieve a pace that I could sustain for 3 miles without thinking I was going to die. Trouble is now I'm riddled with guilt incase this means it's too slow to be doing me any good! I cover 3 miles in slightly under half an hour (which is probably no slower than when I ran too fast to keep it up and then had to walk, I'm just a slightly better colour now). Should I be building up the time I'm running for or pushing myself to feel like my heart's working harder. I look forward to the first option, I'm not sure I can carry on getting out of bed for the second. (I think I've just answered my own question)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
15/05/2003 at 19:08
That's brilliant!
My 5K PB is 34 mins!
The fact that you are doing something means you are doing more than most and any exercise is good for you!

So stop the doubt and pat yourself on the back!
15/05/2003 at 19:28
10 minute miling is very good, as EP says, pat yerself on the back, many people cannot do that sort of pace for 3 miles!

Just an idea for the 5k, but why don't you keep at that pace for 2 and a 1/2 miles and hack it for the last bit?
15/05/2003 at 21:11
i run marathons
And 10 mon miling is FAST

Course its doing you good
15/05/2003 at 21:47
Well I agree with all the others 10 min miling is good, don't have any guilt, if I could go that fast I would be over the moon!

15/05/2003 at 21:50
hear hear Bodjit
16/05/2003 at 13:42
Hi Keeptrying

I echo what has been said already. Of course it doing you good and in no time you will see your self running the same distance faster.

When I started 9 1/2 months ago I ran 3/3.5 miles in around 50 minutes.

Two weeks ago I ran a 10K in 43:17. 7 min/miles. I had given everything in that race and could not have held that pace for much longer but I was totally supprised and chuffed with my time.

Keep up the good work.

MK

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.