Driving home after Marathon

Anyone done it?

21 to 22 of 22 messages
12/11/2008 at 12:47

HTF, I've driven home loads of times after doing 20miles but always managed to get chauffeured after a marathon.  Like the others say - plenty of food and drink (have extra supplies in the car) but most important is a really really good stretch - at least 10-15mins of stretching.  Theres bound to be a sports masseur there, have one and tell them that you need to drive (so they don't overdo it).  It won't just make a difference that day but the next few days as well!

I'd go through the stretches with you but you'll be finished and half way home before I get there .

21/11/2008 at 20:46
Done it 3 times,from Mablethorpe,Windemere and Edinburgh marathons,back to Sunderland.Give yourself 45/60 mins to recover.Drink plenty of fliuds,eat,stuff like bananas,mars bar,jaffa cakes,crisps.Its important not to get back behind the wheel until you're ready.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.