'ello, 'ello, new runner here

12 messages
27/06/2003 at 20:09
hello chaps, my name is Helen, and I am a 'sort of' beginner.

I did RFL last year, and started running a bit more seriously, then I got pregant, and had to give up mainly because of horrendous morning sickness.

Just had my little boy ( 12 weeks ago), and have been training again for about 3 - 4 weeks. Am doing RFL in Southend next week - but suspect a bit of walking coming on. (lol)

Did someone mention the FLM? I am hoping to do a 1/2 marathon next year (we'll see).

TTFN, H XXX
27/06/2003 at 20:54
Welcome Helen. Keep coming back. Good luck with the RFL next week. Got a 10K myself tomorrow.
27/06/2003 at 22:57
Hello Helen, good luck for a week Sunday, and well done for getting back to it so fast! Don't overdo it with all the sleepless nights you must be having!

Congrats.

28/06/2003 at 08:21
Welcome, good for you getting back to it so soon.........keep at it!
28/06/2003 at 10:53
Hi! I'm new too, have been checking out the chat on here for a few weeks. Everybody is really helpful.
28/06/2003 at 19:38
Thanks all!

Yes this house is famous for sleepless nights!
Still getting up 3- 4times a night (groan).

However, love running (despite being a size 20 and weighing 13 stone) - because it is something I can do for ME !(as oppossed to running about after toddler, pandering to baby etc).

It is the only thing keeping me sane (and my sanity is questionable at the best of times - lol)

Anyway, how do you all get your lovely pictures up? I don't have a scanner, so can't upload anything here - can you get one from the net across to use? Just curious.

Would of course have to find some plodding kind of animal (Hippo?) Any advice on this one gratefully received as I am completely naff on the IT front.

Best wishes to all, H
28/06/2003 at 19:57
helen
I have loads of hippo pics off Google

but dont be a hippo

(Size 16, 5 ft 2 and 11-ish stone, no excuses of children)
28/06/2003 at 20:54
hello hippo! realised after I had posted, that there was already a hippo here!

I'm dead jealous of your size 16, though. (I wish...)

Any ideas of a slow moving animals that are appropriate, though? Don't fancy an elephant - maybe a piggy-wig though?

H XXX
28/06/2003 at 21:24
Noone has a llama!

oh yes, they do#
llamam man!
And there are 2 hippos here, but ye hippo is fast and has no piccie, unlike me
28/06/2003 at 21:29
well now i am feeling rather slow - you say your a new runner but your already down for a 10k Helen ! I am just considering a 5k and that is giving me the "eby-jeebies" ! wobbly knees !
What is all this talk about "gaits" we haven't got a gate at the moment what am I to do can anyone advise me where can I get some help on this subject and find someone interested in looking at my gait !!
I am 13stone 5ft 7 and have four children 10months, 3, 4, and 6 i have tummies for four kids and wonder if I will ever get into a size 14 again !!

yours dreaming !
28/06/2003 at 21:37
dont worry about all of that for now pipsqueak

just get some decent shoes and get out there
28/06/2003 at 22:32
go for it pipsqueak.....i am 5ft 6in and 13 stone,got two dodgy achilles and am now up to 5 miles at a time....you can do it!!
go easy at first and don't be afraid to talk a walk break if you need it..good luck!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.