Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,221 to 2,240 of 3,476 messages
19/06/2012 at 18:00

Welcome back Stripes, sounds like you've had a great time

19/06/2012 at 20:23

Hi everyone.  

Hi Maam - its now 49.5 miles I've done so far this month.  

How are you feeling?  are you hopeful for some good news tomorrow (does your knee feel stronger?)

Stripes - welcome back - never mind about the lack of running - you were on holidays with your friends - you can get back into running over next few days or whenever your personal life allows. Hope that your OH's relatives are ok.

19/06/2012 at 22:30
Gosh this month is flying by and I've got 34 miles to go Eeeeeek!

Stripes can't wait to hear your drinking stories!

Boo for me that was a boozy weekend and a lot of junk food too. I felt really bloated yesterday and today as a result. Need to be careful what I eat this week and run some more but busy til Thursday now. Let us know when you beat the hill from hell - I have one on my 7.5k circuit at home and although I've run it a few times at my peak fitness I now use it as an excuse for a breather!

Maam hope you get good news at the docs and Em good total so far this month I'm jealous.

Can't believe England made the quarters I didn't think they had it in them. My boys loving it and he's being allowed to stay up for the England games. Bring on Italy!!!
19/06/2012 at 22:43

Hi

20/06/2012 at 07:35

Hi Mal!  how's everything going - less than a fortnight to go

Hi Silver - i'll feel like you on sunday - sat night off to prezzo for breads, garlic breads and pizza!!! Carb Baby!

20/06/2012 at 08:52

Didn't run last night ended up going to friends to watch the footy and having pizza and wine   this naughtiness has to stop  lol like you Silver I cant believe we made the quarters and thought last nights game was poor.  I cant stand all the hype with bloody wayne rooney does my head in, we do ok without him.

Mal - Hi  how are you and wedding preps doing, are you excited

Stripes - welcome back, glad you had a great time  hope your OH's father is OK

Em - well done with your mileage, you are proper on it again this month

20/06/2012 at 12:57

Hi everyone,

I'm back from the hospital and it isn't good news in more ways than one.  I have torn the cartilege in my knee, will have to have surgery to fix it. Chances are will have to defer the GNR to next year.  To top it off, depending on where the torn bit it will depend on if I get to go on holiday  Won't know till 11th July

Hope everyone else if full of better news

20/06/2012 at 13:06

oh Maam

Poor poor poor you x x x BIG HUGS (and I don't do physical contact well) x x x x

20/06/2012 at 13:23

Thanks Emma, I am feeling rather low, the op I can cope with, derferring GNR I can just about get my head round, but not getting to go to Cuba and celebrate my Dads 60th with him, especially when my OH has saved so hard to come with us and now may have to go without me

Sure I'll cheer up soon, but just need to know one way other the other. Have to work out what I'm doing about work too, Dr has left decision to me if I go back, only problem is can't drive and would have to get lift to station and then get hour train ride, when trip last week was only 30 min train ride. Then there is getting to the office at the other end and coping being sat all day at my desk, which up to now can only manage about 2 hours with leg down What to do ???

20/06/2012 at 13:36

Go to cuba.  You got to have the op anyway, just dose up on painkillers and maybe ring the airline and see if you can get an aisle seat (left or right leg - get the relevant aisle bit).  Then stand by your seat and elevate your dodgy leg!

You never know, the insurance company may be able to upgrade your seat?  not sure how it all works - do you know anyone from the travel industry?

When is the trip booked for? xxx (it WILL be ok you know) xx

20/06/2012 at 13:53

The hospital have said that depending on the damage will depend on if I can delay surgery until after the holiday and they have said it depends on how it is torn.  Going to have to contact airline/insurance to see where I stand.

21/06/2012 at 10:29

Oh Maam I am so sorry for you  have you any ideas when you might have the op and when do you go to Cuba?  Go to Cuba whatever I would, and like Emma said dose up on painkillers.  Knowing what to do about work is also an issue for you  are they understanding or may it be an issue?

Well I got out in the sunshine and did 6.22 miles last night  and today the weather is dreadful, we have had so much rain

Got my Heroes 10K race on Sunday at Althorpe House for Air Ambulance, its the one that was postponed when we had that awful sunday a few weeks ago  not sure this sunday is going to be any better haha

21/06/2012 at 13:26
Thats awful news Maam. Hope you can go on your holiday.
21/06/2012 at 14:55

Thanks for the concern, feeling bit better today.  Just been signed off work until after the operation as requested by HR at work!

Just few more things to work out then everything should be all smiles again

21/06/2012 at 21:58
Maam I'm gutted for you but you must try to go to Cuba. Dose up as Em said and see what the airline can do for you. You'll regret it if you don't go. Good luck with the op when it comes.

Haven't run for a week again just too busy. Fitness level is falling and I need to get my finger out and run. Once the weekend is over I can see some free time ahead. Cant wait.

Went to Cubs meeting about visit to London Zoo tonight. We're taking 38 8 and 9 yo boys into London on the train with an overnight at the zoo - could be chaos! Hope we all get back in one piece.

Hows it going Mal very close now

How was the trip Stripes.

Glad you ran Boo - I can't wait to get a 6miler under my belt soon. Good luck with the run on Sunday.
21/06/2012 at 22:15

So busy I've hardly had time to breath let alone run! I'm starting to really miss it but I'm just going to count my blessings that when life slows down again I'm able to get out.

Moo's first birthday today, she's had a lovely day. Party Saturday and then it's the big countdown! So much still to do!

I've heard the weather's looking pretty rubbish for both weekends, is that right Silver? The zoo sounds ambitious and fun!

Well done on the run Boo.

Maam I'm so sorry to hear your news and I hope you're able to stay positive and that you have lots of supportive family and friends.x

22/06/2012 at 10:47

Hi everyone,

Mal - sounds like hectic couple weeks, good luck with it all  xxx

Boo - good running

I've had good news this morning, if I go to cuba, I'm allowed to dive Yipee!!!

22/06/2012 at 17:18
Hi Mal hope Moos birthday party goes well. Bet you don't know where you are at the moment with everything that's going on. Are you going on honeymoon afterwards as I'm guessing you'll need a break.

Weather looks usual pants British Summer stuff. I'm both excited about the zoo and at the same time dreading it - I've packed the migraine tabs just in case! I'll be a wreck come Sunday tea time!
23/06/2012 at 13:01

Mal - hope little one has a great birthday.

Hope everyone else is finding some running time, run a little for me too

I'm supporting England in the Euro's, with all my spare time I have taken to nail painting, so for now St Georges crosses at the ready Not the best, but a decent first go.  Been online shopping too

24/06/2012 at 13:05

Hello, anybody out there???

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.