Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,281 to 2,300 of 3,475 messages
01/07/2012 at 20:16

Keep trying Mal. Glad you had a wonderful day

01/07/2012 at 20:17

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/671654/gallery/wedding.jpg?width=350

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/671654/gallery/married.jpg?width=350

01/07/2012 at 21:37

Mal you look absolutely stunning.  really gorgeous - the dress looks fabulous and your hubby looks very handsome in his suit!

Very very beautiful. Massive congratulations to you both.  No rush for a honeymoon - looks like you had an amazing day.

01/07/2012 at 21:51

Mal - totally agree with Em, you look beautiful. Glad you had a brilliant day, lets hope lots of fabulous memories xxx

01/07/2012 at 22:24
Congratulations Mal to you and your hubbie and the girls of course!!
You both look fantastic - hope it all went well and you had a fabulous day. Bet you'll be on a high for ages now.

Maam I'm happy to do the totals this month. It may push me on a bit if I can see them increasing before my very eyes! I'm going to try and make 40miles this month - 10 a week.

So far.....

8 for Em
6 for Stripes.
Edited: 01/07/2012 at 22:27
02/07/2012 at 00:20
Thank you all for the kind messages. She seems very together but obviously the funeral will be tough. Her Mum has asked me to be a pall-bearer which I am honoured to do(they are an enormous Irish Catholic family) but I am shorter than all the others so could do with some big heels!
02/07/2012 at 09:15

Mal - CONGRATULATIONS  you look absolutely stunning both of you  glad you had a great day

I got out on Fri and did 3.43 miles so my miserable effort in total for June was 52  I will endeavor to try harder this month

Didn't run at all over the weekend its been hectic, have the mother in law here at the mo  her mother is in hospital, 89 year old, had a fall and broke her arm  very frail and looking like she wont be out for a long time if at all  MIL goes back to France Weds morning  OH and Brother had fall out re doing duty of looking after MIL and all hell broke loose  serious stress all weekend

Oh and had some good news this morning.  I tried desperately to get my wedding ring off yesterday but couldnt  so resided to the fact it has to be cut off today  rang the hospital and told them situation and they said dont worry consultant can work around a ring when he scans  well pleased, so thats later on today

Stripes - not sure what happened above ^ but you reposted a previous post

02/07/2012 at 10:34

Morning all

Totals for June are:

Silver: 23.7 miles

Em: 75.5 miles

Boo: 52 miles

Stripes: 34 miles

Mal: 7.5k and a beautiful wedding

Me: 10 miles which seems so very long ago, so wanted to hit the magic 100 mark

Boo - good news on not needing to take your ring off, fingers crossed for your scan Hope everything settles down at home too as it sounds so stressful for you

Silver - Thanks for taking over the totals, and good luck with getting the milage in around family and work.

I'm off to try the upper body workout thing, fingers crossed goes ok and that my arms don't fall off!

02/07/2012 at 14:50

Afternoon.

Boo - how has the scan gone?

I've done that upper body cardio workout and by god it is hard going.  Ended up doing half this morning and then just finished now Did do 120 sit ups too, feeling knackered now.  Hoping OH will take me shopping later, holidays are nearly here and I'm stamping my feet, well crutches coz I want to go!

02/07/2012 at 18:28
Blimey. God knows how that happened. Was asleep then
02/07/2012 at 22:00
Hi All. It's peed it down all day and I've spent half of it driving up and down the M40. Went to pick up my new roofbox from Reading after work too - eBay special! - and its a beauty! How sad am I??

No run since Sat morning and 2 busy London meeting days coming up. Wed is OH birthday so I'm taking off the pm to have a birthday tea with her and the boys before we go out for a grown up evening together.

Can't wait to get out and stretch the legs again. My goal is Oxford half in October so I want to up the miles for then. Probably take my gear to Spain to run while we're away too.

Emma are you going away this week?

Ma'am well done on the upper body workout and loads of sit ups.

Hello stripes weren't Spain superb last night?

Mal have you come back down to Earth yet?
02/07/2012 at 22:19

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/671654/gallery/moo&me.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/671654/gallery/moo&me_0.jpg?width=350

02/07/2012 at 22:23

Not quite back down to earth yet!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/671654/gallery/photoboard.jpg?width=350

This is Moo and I taking our photo at the reception.

03/07/2012 at 09:19
Got to try this next year now Mrs S has lost weight!! Haha

http://www.trionium.com/wife/
03/07/2012 at 10:23
Ha ha Mal

Spain were awesome. My Dad said on Saturday that they were getting boring. I wont let him forget that!

Off to Gym in a bit. Not sure if its helping my running but cant do any harm.
03/07/2012 at 10:40

OK ultra sound on hands picked up all the swelling etc that it should and once again Consultant confirmed I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I shall be starting my Meds this week but will prob take upto 3 months to get into my system to work effectively and thats if my system takes it ok  therefore in the meantime I was offered a steroid injection which i took in the bottom  still abit sore now  that can take a few days so fingers crossed I start to get some relief soon  and that can last for a couple of months. Blood tests every two weeks  at least the ball is now rolling

Not run now since Fri what with everything going on, MIL leaves us today so tonight have a run and some peace

Mal - loving the pic of you and Moo

Maam - well done on all the upper bod excercise, you will look like Arnie  hehe

Ems - when do you go away?

03/07/2012 at 11:31

Silver - good luck with fitting in a run, sounds like you have a really busy week.  Hope OH has a great Birthday.

Mal - cool pic Looks like heaps of funx

Stipes - Gym can't hurt

Boo - Good news on the scan, in that they are now able to try and help with the pain. Not good in that you have arthritis though.  Hopefully the meds will kick in soon for you and you will be able to get some rest from the pain.  x

I've done another weights session this morning and some sit ups, felt good even though arms still feel like falling off a bit  Just low weight with plenty of reps to try and tone up, not the arnie look, leave that on to the OH.  He is a bit of a mini arnie and a big arnie fan

Em - you all pack for tomorrow? Have a great time x

03/07/2012 at 13:31

Hi everyone

Mal - love the piccies!!! Brilliant!

Yes - tomorrow we are off to our last minute holiday to Kos (Tigaki). weather is 31 at the mo which I can cope with - any hotter then i'm floored but a cool bar with air con is no problem for me.  I will be taking my running kit but its around 26 at 6 am so if I go out then it will be wearing only very small amounts of running clothes and at a very slow pace!  I want to run though as I like to take my garmin and then when I get home, there's a map of different places i've run - hyde park london, center parcs at longleat, genoa in italy, france, portugal, spain and now hopefully greece this year.  makes it interesting to look back at all the runs etc and remember....

Booey - glad they got the ball rolling - can only get better and more comfortable for you from here (see my positive mental attitude!! - must be my holiday mode!)

Maam - my OH wants to take a load of camera gear as he could potentially do some shoots over there - so one case if over the weight - tonight I will juggle the contents to even out the weights!  They say women take too much stuff - not this one - I'll be taking one pair of flip flops and will wear my running trainers over there. I don't do this dressing up / evening / casual / beach wear.  I wear everything casual all the time. 

Silver - that race is brilliant - you just want to win the barrel of beer and get mrs silver with a water pistol I bet!!!!

Stripes - hope its all ok at home and your OH is bearing up x

Tonight I go to do hill work at the speed session.  More humiliation from the back (i.e. me) but i will get there - then a little 4 miler in the morning, work for half a day, back home to drive to gatwick and the adventure begins!!!!!! . 

03/07/2012 at 15:04
Hi Emma. Hope you enjoy the holiday. Love the idea of having foreign runs on the Garmin. I did a few laps of the Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris last autumn but didnt have a Garmin at the time.
OH is doing remarkably well(this is actually worrying me) but got Thursday to get through and she is dreading it as you would expect. My step daughter is bottling it up as well. Her grandad was her hero and its the first time she has lost anyone close. Added to all that I have got to stand up in church and give a reading so as you can imagine it will be a relief when it is all over.
03/07/2012 at 15:06
Well done on the weights Maam. I feel like I've just been hit by Arnie!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.